Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Surge Battery life

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read the post, and turned off everything I can, my Surge is only about 3 weeks old, and the battery last about 3 days, I do wear it 24/7 is the sleep tracking at night what is taking my battery down? Should I get more than 3 days on a new watch?

thanks in advance

Larry

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, I have not used the GPS. I will try not wearing it at night to monitor my sleep, and use in the day time. I thought a new watch would run longer between charges.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

are you using GPS activities?

my Surge gets killed quickly too, so I shut it down when not is use.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have not used the GPS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I have not used the GPS. I will try not wearing it at night to monitor my sleep, and use in the day time. I thought a new watch would run longer between charges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a Surge for over a Year, and mine lasts about 5-6 days, with basic Tracking.  I don't use it as a Sleep Tracker, but I did have a couple of timers set-up and it synced for Text and Phone notifications (still lasting 5-days+) even with recording 20K steps/day.  You might want to try a Factory Reset, or check and see if it needs a software update... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, did the reset, then turned off then back on, did a full charge from laptop USB, we will see how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Software up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My surge used to last for 4 to 5 days even using the sleep tracker and notificarions.

Now im not even getring a day.

I love my surge but rhis is no good. 

I would like to be able to fix the problem.

Fitbit can you help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having issues with my battery life as well - I don't use the GPS but do use at night for sleep tracking, I have only had my Surge for a few months and have to charge it basically every other day...when I first got my Surge it lasted at least 5-6 days. I ran the battery right down and charged right up and it initially lasted 4 days but since then it continues to go flat within two days. Very disappointing, about ready to give up on Fitbit - I also have syncing issues, it will only sync when it is plugged in 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me on all 3 (FLEX, ONE, Sugre) of my fitbit products...kinda sad they just roll out something new without fixing the older models!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MasterCSK wrote:

This has happened to me on all 3 (FLEX, ONE, Sugre) of my fitbit products...kinda sad they just roll out something new without fixing the older models!!! 

now you understand their business model.

you win the internet today.

Best Answer