Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Surge will not update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just bought a new surge to replace my orginal one. Unfortunately it it stuck in lets get started mode. My app recognizes it is there and tells me it needs updating but each time an update is tried it fails. The surge is not functioning at all. Feeling very sad. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

hi janice I'm in the same position I've tryed everything , I'm probably making things worse, if you resolve it please let me know 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to be struggling with getting started. Anybody with ideas to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have said it is a new surge purchased on Saturday struggling since to make it switch on. 

Best Answer

Pleased to say I've resolved my problem and managed to update, my new surge was stuck in the lets get started screen although the app recognised it was there . I reset the surge by pressing the left hand and lower righthand button at the same time holding them in for about 10/15 secs

then started over from scratch again ( made sure my Surge was charged up this time) this info can be found in the online manual.

Should say its slow to update so be patient hope that helps 

Best Answer

@Janicestocks @billinverkip @Archieno1 Thanks for joining us! I suggest you try updating your tracker from a computer instead of a mobile phone or if you only have the option of a mobile phone then try using a WiFi signal so the internet is stable and has enough bandwidth to perform the update and make sure it is a compatible one. As @billinverkip mentioned please start by restarting your tracker:

1.- Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Then retry the setup/update process either from your phone or computer and see if the tracker setups correctly and works and intended. If you still have issues then please contact our Support team for further assistance.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes