Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text & phone notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just changed my phone from a Samsung Galaxy 5 to the 7 and since then I have not received any phone or text notifications. They are paired and I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, restarting my Surge but nothing. I can control music from my Surge though. Any answers please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Actually I've got it working now, it was simply that I didn't have it set correctly in settings.

All good now, thanks

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have just done a quick check, and it does not appear that the Samsung Galaxy S7 is on the supported list.  However, more phones are added all the time, so it will probably be supported soon.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Actually I've got it working now, it was simply that I didn't have it set correctly in settings.

All good now, thanks

Best Answer

So glad you got it working!  And thanks for confirming that it works on your phone -- since it is not on the official supported list, it might really help someone else looking for this information.

Best Answer

what settings did you change to make it work on the galaxy 7

Best Answer

How did you change this? In the dashboard on the phone? The settings on the Surge? Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

where in settings did you correct error?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Community @daveaj and welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and @gradmom! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to turn on the settings for call/text notifications on your Samsung S7.

Looking forward to your response my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently changed from a Galaxy S3 to a Note 5.  I am also not receiving phone or text notifications.  do you have to change settings in the phone or on the Surge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beachman Thanks for joining us in this thread and the Community! Please try turning off the call/text notifications, log out of the app, turn off your Note 5 and turn it back on. Once this has been done, open the app, log in and turn on the notifications, and sync your Surge. Finally, check out if your Surge gets the notifications from your phone.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still doesn't work

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @beachman! I'll be glad to help on this. I would suggest trying this steps, I included some details that you have to check in your Android phone. Is your Fitbit Surge currently syncing? Are you receiving call notifications?  Smiley Embarassed

Keep me posted, I'll be around in case you need more help! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Still doesn't receive text or phone notifications. Seems as if Fitbit and
Android are no longer compatible. Fitbit needs a customer service number
that can be called rather than all of the back and forth and time wasted. I
give up. I have another tracker from a different company that I am going to
set up and activate. I have spent all week trying to get this to work. Not
wasting anymore time on it.
Best Answer

Hi, Sorry to jump in but I am also having trouble receiving sms/call notifications from my galaxy 6 (i think) to my alta. I've tried following the steps from various suggestions. Just tested it again now and still not working. What am I missing? Hope you can help 

Best Answer

Getting frustrated, have tried several different things and my Surge will still not notify me of text/phone calls and still can't figure out how to control music.  PLEASE HELP!!

Best Answer

HI @beachman@ThePirate and @totallyforgiven! Welcome to the thread, thanks a million for posting your question! Cat Happy

@ThePirate and @totallyforgiven Please try the steps to troubleshoot your notifications. I've check the list of compatible device and noticed that Samsung Galaxy 6 is not listed, which meant that we're still testing the model and we can not assure it will connect flawless. You can give it a try to see if the steps helps. What model of phone are you using to sync @totallyforgiven?

@beachman I've sent you a PM, please take a moment to check your Private Messages!

I'll be around, keep me posted! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I receive phone notifications but not text on my new Surge. I call help line twice but issue was not resolved. I have an iphone6

Best Answer

We are very excited to have you as a part of our members @NewbrunswickerSmiley Happy

Congratulations on your new Surge! Please check these troubleshooting steps to connect text and call notifications on your Fitbit!  Also make sure that your iPhone Settings has Notifications turn "On". 

Allow notifications.JPG

Hope this helps! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

I’ve tried everything. Walk me through the steps please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Ganoe, in order for someone to walk you through, you will need to let us know what phone you are using.

It might also help to know which Fitbit you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes