Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the Android upgrade to 5.1.1 my Galaxy S5 cannot sync with the Android App. I have restarted the Surge, updated the Fitbit App, and tried pairing again. Android sees the Surge under "Available devices". When I select the Surge, I get a popup that says "Pairing rejected by Surge".  I tried Bluetooth Classic under Surge settings, but no dice.  I can however sync the Surge with my Windows desktop over bluetooth. 

Anyone else running into this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I'ts great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @BananaNutMuffin

Let me help you with this, try doing the restart 2 or 3 times in a row this will refresh the internal logs of your tracker, your tracker should be working properly after doing it. To do so: 

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. Any other recommendations?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bea_Bea! It's a shame to hear that you're experiencing this inconvenience. If you have already tried the steps that I shared in my previous post and the issue persists, I recommend contacting the Support Team and let them know the steps you've tried so far,they'll be more than glad to assist you. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has Fitbit fixed this Problem? My Surge is not seen by my Android after performing the recommended steps.....    ARGH!

Best Answer
0 Votes