Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal best is not updated

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
On March 26th I've achieved my personal best of 27679 steps and 20.32 km.
On March 28th got 34 floors.
If I check my personal best in profile pages, figures are updated to March 20th (floors are not even shown).
How can I sync them with more recent (and higher) values?
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

The only response I get from FitBit support is that the engineering team is looking at it for over a month! My Personal Best does not update and I've gone through at least 4 FitBit representatives and not one team member would help me. Just a word of advice for FitBit tech support, the best way to help a customer is to keep a member updated UNTIL it's fixed, not just tell a customer that the engineering team is looking at it for over a month now and then hope the customer stops asking. I hope this gets passed over to management. I am very disappointed.

As least your Fitbit personal best updated once. Mine still has never updated for the past 3 months. What will it take for their engineering team to figure this out? Nobody will help us. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have contacted customer support on that issue and they have no solution. I was just on the phone 40 minutes for nothing. If this issue has been going on for a year why hasn't it been fixed? What steps are currently being taken? It is a great feature that a lot of people would obviously like to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I imagine FitBit have no idea what the problem is or they feel their customers wouldn't leave because of the flaws in their product and software and it's worthwhile to lose the customers that are having issues than to fix it. It's just business and numbers. I've been reading the forums and it's clear FitBit does not care about solving your technical problems. 

Best Answer

Hello my friends, @CodyPlayground@Craftet I recommend logging out and logging back of your Fitbit account. By doing this your information will update. Also, clearing cookies and cache and trying a different browser does the trick most of the times. 

Let me know how it goes! :}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I've already tried that twice from before. It seems like that's the only advice Fitbit tech support team has and it didn't solve the problem. I was told countless times that the engineering is looking at this issue but that was 4 months ago now and I've gone ignored by the Fitbit team. It's very disappointing the level of tech support I'm getting from a company. The only solutions you have are log out and oh yea, the engineering team is looking at it. Is there anyone higher up? I think corporate should know about this 

Best Answer

I have also tried logging out and back in. It does not work. And I only use Fitbit from the app so changing a browser does not help. These are not real solutions to the problem. It must be something done higher up. I called and was told that the personal best for days and challenges don't record if you use GPS tracking (like for a run) or using the blaze to manual log something like the elliptical or treadmill settings. Any feedback on that? And if that is the case why would Fitbit not allow the full functionality of their tracking devices to be used when trying to attain personal bests? This makes no sense. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hey, hey, @CodyPlayground@Craftet! Thanks for being here! Cat Wink And for sharing your feedback with us! This is very important for us to grow and improve in the areas of opportunity. Oh, that's unfortunate. What happened with our Support team, @CodyPlayground? 😞

@Craftet,  like our support representative told you the MobileRun or manually logged activities don't count for the personal best. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support team just told me the engineering team is working on it... more than once. This is back in October!!!! I feel like it's just their way of saying, we can't help you. I even asked if I will get a reply. They said no. It's pretty depressing. This has been going on for months and it just seems like nobody wants to help. When I get my next watch or tracker I will have to consider going to your competitors and hope someone will actually help and not just put me off

Best Answer

Why would Fitbit create these items that would not support all the features of the tracker? Why can't the personal bests be altered to where I could log from my watch that I'm working out on the elliptical? Or that I'm running with the app open to track my distance and mile splits? It does not make sense that any part of Fitbit would not allow the full support of all of its features. 

Best Answer

Hey, @CodyPlayground@Craftet! Thanks for being part of the Community and providing us with your feedback. Based on it is how we have been improving day by day. 

Please know that our engineers are aware of it and working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope you have a nice weekend! Heart

Best Answer

It's been over a year by now based on the post of that issue. My personal best doesn't get updated , neither do my friends'. 

Could anyone bring this issue to Fitbit team and resolve this?

Best Answer

@SnowBunnyLite My PersonalBest never worked and I gave up contacting FitBit because every member will give you the engineering team is looking at it and this has been going on since last October!!! They will just blow you off like they did with me. I have emails and messages on this board to prove that. When asked when you will hear back, they will tell you they can't give you a timeline. I'm guessing their whole engineering has been on vacation since October 2016. I've accepted their software has tons of bugs in it that they do not want to fix and do not care about its customers. Will any Fitbit rep prove me wrong?

Best Answer

I logged outs & ins countless times but it won’t work. 

My other friends also confirmed their Personal Best records no longer updated.

I feel sorry for customer service officers here because all they can do is to comfort and buy times for those engineers... 

Best Answer

I’ve done this like ten times, my personal best on the daily showdown should be 40,009 but it shows as 18,960 that was done over a year ago and a lot of times I’ve beaten that score. Never had a issue before this new update. Why is there always some big issue when a new update comes 

Best Answer
I gave up 2 years ago because the Fitbit support just ignores me. I won’t be spending another dime on Fitbit products just from their customer service.
Best Answer

Still not fixed.

This has to be one of the buggiest apps I use. 🙄

Best Answer
It’s been 3 years since I reported this bug and never been fixed. Fitbit support doesn’t give a crap. It’s a poor team of developers. They may need to steal someone from garmin and rightfully replace some of their current workers.
Best Answer

This is beyond frustrating. Mine is doing the same thing. Personal Best won't update. The curious thing is my PB for Goal Day Challenge is correct. But for Workweek Hustle, Weekend Warrior, and Daily Showdown they are not. It's been this way for months. I've called fitbit support about it twice. The first time the rep had no idea what I was talking about so I just gave up. The second time he said he had to send it up to a higher level of support. This seems pretty basic to me and amazing it's been years and nothings done.

Best Answer
0 Votes