Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-run HR incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Nov. 5 I did three runs — one of 1 mile, another of 1/2 mile, a third of 15/100th mile. After each of these I checked my heart-rate data on my Fitbit Surge and it was pretty much what I usually get, showing average hearts rates ranging from 125 to 140 bpm. Later I synched my Fitbit, and the recorded heart rates showing on the Dashboard were in the range of 70-80, more like an easy walk. There's more. I always record my data in a workout log I keep on my computer. On Nov. 1 I did runs of 1 mile and 1/2 mile with average heart rates of 136 and 139, respectively, as shown at the time on my Dashboard. But when, on Nov. 5, I checked them again on the Dashboard log I was astonished to see that the heart rates had changed to 88 and 86! The recorded heart rates for earlier runs, and for bicycling and workouts, were unchanged. Am I losing my mind?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I've noticed you are new around @Pecheur, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your findings about the runs your Surge recorded earlier this month. It called my attention that you mentioned different numbers for your HR runs but I'm not sure where you're getting them. Did you see these average heart rates (136 and 139) in your tracker while you're running or in your Fitbit App after you synced the information? 

Fitbit Dashboard shows an average heart rate for each activity which might explain the 88 and 86 average that now you see there. And I think that the number that you got that day was the maximum heart rate you got in that activity (Peak Zone).

If you can be a little bit more specific about where you saw those stats or better yet include some screenshots of what you can see from your end, it'd be great! I'll be glad to check this with you later on.

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Yes, I saw the high heart rates (136, 139) on the tracker while I was running; then, when the activities were downloaded to Dashboard, the heart rates were much lower. I deleted several of these from my Dashboard log but kept one (screen shot attached), which shows an average heart rate of 86. I routinely track my runs and record average heart rates, and 86 is impossible given my pace and distance. (Previous sample heart-rate recordings for .5 miles: 129, 131, 134, 137, 139, 140, 144.)

It’s just weird. One possible cause is that, some time ago, I synced my wife’s Fitbit (a Charge II model) on my computer, and perhaps some of her data was getting commingled with mine on my Dashboard (although she doesn’t do any runs, just walks). I recently deleted her device from my Dashboard, and if that was indeed the problem then maybe it’s solved. Anyway, I will monitor the situation and see.

Thanks for getting back to me!
Best Answer

Hi @Pecheur, thanks for getting back! I didn't get the screenshots, you might attach them again in your next post. Smiley Wink

I don't think that syncing your wife's tracker in the same computer can mess with your stats since both trackers sync with their own account, although I'd like you to try to restart your Surge and as you said monitor your future runs!

I hope you get better results! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks! I’ll try this and report back.

Attached is the screen shot mentioned.
Best Answer

You're welcome @Pecheur, hope you're doing great! Woman Happy

I'm not sure if the "photos" option is working fine as I didn't get your pictures. Cat Embarassed So, if it's okay for you I'd like to check the steps to send images.  You need to click on the "Reply" button which will take you to the following screen:

1. Tap on Inset Photos
  2. Choose where your photo is located (if it is an screenshot choose that option)
  3. Then choose the size and hit done

attachingphoto.png

Give it a try again, and let me know if you have questions. 

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Here's another attempt.pecheur run example.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pecheur, thanks for the picture, this time I got it! Have you tried to record any other attempts recently? Did you tried the steps that I gave you in this post? I'm very interested in helping you out with this.

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Best Answer