Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting hr not calculating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My surge is tracking my heart rate but won't calculate my resting heart rate. Any advice? I have turned Bluetooth on and off, restarted my tracker and refreshed the app already.
Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21
I am having the same issue
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem - have restarted phone, rebooted watch, turned off HR monitor and restarted app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like somehow Fitbit have broken this feature and it's stopped working today.  Don't know if this is limited to the phone and the last app update or more fundamental. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greets, it is also happening on the sync between pc and fitbit so I wouldn't believe with it happening on 2 different platforms that it would be the apps, just the online server side which I am hoping fitbit gurus are working on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Started having same issue today. Surge syncing ok with Sony xperia z3. heart rate not updated on sync today. Everything else appears ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as of this morning no resting heart rate on any of my devices or web.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem here .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly broken .  Not working on dashboard either now I've been able to check.  Doesn't say much for the quality of Fitbit software testing.

I've email customer support to log the fault.  It would be really good if everyone else who is experiencing the problem logs the fault too.  That way they might take notice.  My experience of their ability to deal with software fauls is pretty poor so far.  After a long dialogue asking for endless details they finally acknowledge the fault.  But in the most recent case about two months ago they still haven't done anything about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem today (only)! Every morning approximately the second sync the days resting heart rate will display on the Dashboard. But not today 2/24. I have synced at least 10 times today... What's up???

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a DashBoard issue that needs to be looked into.

Can a Moderator get engaged in this discussion please.

Let me give you an example why I think this measurement is important. I was traveling about 3 weeks ago and I noticed that my Resting Heart Rate was logging in on the Dashboard (early morning) from a 72 to an 88. The day it was at 88 I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Since getting a shot and going on antibiotics I could see it creep back down to normal levels over the next 2 weeks. That's why I like this measurement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge HR isn't calculating resting heart rate either...i'm on a galaxy s5 and it happened before I downloaded the update. Though one might have been installed automatically last night

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update- mine has finally updated so the problem must be corrected.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine updated too. 2 minutes ago with current Resting Heart Rate..

Best Answer
0 Votes
As per previous replies heart rate syncing/calculating resting correctly this morning
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there guys!  I'd like to know if some of you are still having issues with your resting heart rate after trying @rookierunnr@Harry and @Chrisb7 tips.  

Catch you latter! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resting Heart Rate has been pretty consistent over the past month or so.... running a Resting HR between 62-64....

Best Answer
Just the one day it didn't work for me and no further problems with syncing since. Formula to calculate it must have changed though as resting heart rate has dropped from mid 50's to a pretty consistent 47 over the last month (47 is more realistic as always seen values in low/mid 40's during the day).
Best Answer

Ha Ha!  Mine was working but now today it won't sync.  I'm going to try the tips again and see what happens.  I'll update you if I continue to have trouble. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes