Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second surge failed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit kindly replaced my last surge with a new one. The original strap split underneath so that it wouldn't stay on. Although the watch was out of warranty they acknowledged the suggestion that a watch that was irreparable if the strap is damaged had a major design flaw. They offered to replace it and I accepted. Now the replacement has a bubbling and peeling strap. I’m now aware that this is common. They won’t replace this second device. How many design flaws should we accept in these expensive devices? Very poor customer service. They offered 25% off a new watch. Only from their online retail portal. Which is about 25% more expensive than other retailers! Time to move on. I hope others do the same to demonstrate it’s not acceptable.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I'm really sorry you have had so many problems.

I have had my Original Surge since it came out with no Problems. About 4 years

But I also follow the product care guidelines as well

https://www.fitbit.com/productcare

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up with 4 replacement 2 with bad straps and 2 did not work or hold a charge . I would not recommend buying a Fitbit unless the warranty was a lot longer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Wendy, I do look after it as instructed in the manual. This one is only 3 or 4 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes