Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set custom stride length, lost all steps for the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I reset my stride length on my dashboard at some point during the day last week (10/04/17) and when my devices synced (I also wear a Charge2 sometimes) it only logged 118 steps for the day. I noticed the devices had in fact been tracking all day.  Also, (possibly a related point) it seems like the two devices were “fighting” against one another as far as syncing at all, even before the stride change. I’ve never had issues before with this, it seems only since the iOS 11 update?  But the main question is regarding the loss of steps. Does resetting my stride have anything to do with it? I wouldn’t think so but it was frustrating to lose all steps calculated that day and not know why. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to have you here @MissUrka! Thanks for the details mentioned. When you have two devices linked to your account, it can happen that they will try to sync at the same time as both are nearby. 

Regarding your question about losing steps, this isn't about you changing your stride length it's a total different thing. However, if you used both devices at the same time, this could be the reason why some steps were deleted. You can learn more about using two devices by checking this article Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account?

As an alternative solution, you can manually log an activity such as walk, run and you can get those steps back. If this happens again, please let me know and provide me with as many details as you can. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I was able to spend time on the help line and it was figured out. I don’t know exactly what but it was fixed over the phone. Thanks! 

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that it was resolved @MissUrka

Hope I can continue seeing you around. You may want to check the Discussions Board and meet new people, get healthy and sleep better tips. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer