Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTrack not showing History Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have been doing treadmill & exercise bike & for the last cpl of days it's not logging my activity automatically. When I manually enter the details via the dashboard it doesn't seem to include it in my weekly exercise goal I'm still on 2 of 3 days even though I've done 4 days & the heart rate bar that tells me if I'm in the cardio zone isn't under the manually logged exercise anymore 😞

My heart rate has definitely been in the 140-160 range. It logs active minutes. It just doesn't include heart rate & calories burned. Cals burned & heart rate are still logged in their own dash panels.

The reason it's bothering me is that I like to review my daily/specific exercise to see if I'm slacking & motivate me to push harder. I'm trying to lose weight & reduce my resting heart rate, which isn't a good number 😞 so knowing if I'm just in fat burn or cardio or peak  is important to me. It gives me a marker on if I've given my best.

Any ideas? I have made no changes to anything before this started happening.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Surge does not have smart track. You need to use the exercise option to log it

You can find the manual at the top of the surge page

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Wendy,

thank you for replying 🙂 I should have been clearer sorry. It used to automatically log my run as a walk (I'm speed walking with 1 minute of sprinting dotted in).

its the sudden lack of avg bpm with the coloured heart rate bar I'm missing. On any exercise recorded manually or automatically.

i manually entered bike or weights & I'd get the avg bpm bar then too.

its gone 😞 plus my button on the dash that changes to green when I complete days of weekly exercise says 2 of 3 when I've now done 5 days. 

I just want the avg bpm bar back & for it to acknowledge I've hit my target..

Best Answer

As @WendyB mentioned above, the Surge does not have auto detect or automatically log your runs

The Surge has what is called the multisport mode and is able to track in real time up to 7 types of events from a list of, i think, 19 types of events. 

For this you would follow these instructions

Best Answer

"The SmartTrack feature automatically recognizes select exercises to ensure you get credit for your most active moments of the day. It is available with all Fitbit devices except Fitbit Ace, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, and Fitbit Zip."

Thats what was happening.. It was logging any active minutes, sometimes as a walk, Noting my elevated heart rate & providing a bar that told me where my heart rate put me in the zone.. It also included this activity as part of my 'number of days exercised' tile.

Now it's not. I can manually log exercise but it doesn't include it in 'X of X days exercise' target & I don't get a summary of my heart rate during the active minutes automatically or manually entered.

eg, I run for half an hour.. My steps increase, my heart rate has gone into peak, my active minutes go up by 30 minutes, miles, cals increase.

But... My 'X of 3 days weekly exercise' target says I did nothing. 

And where before if I clicked on the target it would list the exercise (sometimes incorrectly) and provide me with a summary of distance, cals/ pace & avg bpm, it's now only distance & pace.

no avg bpm & it doesn't count towards my days of exercise goal.

my goal is to increase my days of exercise, heart rate during exercise in the hopes of reducing my resting heart rate by improving fitnes & weight loss by due to these.

cals in vs out is also playing up.. I have entered food consumed & it suggests I'm eating zero cals.. All the food is in the history log with associated total cals for each item. Summary says I consumed zero cals.

i don't believe it's user error. I may not have been manually entering a run & just letting it pick the activity up as a walk, but it's only wishful thinking that everything I've eaten for the last four days had zero cals :))

i just wanted the the exercise to count  & the bpm scale to be there..

Given that the advice seems to contradict fitbits own specs & this seems to be a sudden change to what was happening I'm going to assume it's just falling apart..

i may just jump to the I watch or something..

i apparently not not only don't do any exercise but I also consume no calories so regardless of input it's not measuring anything 😕

Best Answer

Can you take a picture of your watch and post it?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

image.jpeg

It's definitely a surge.. But after repeatedly restarting it to no avail, I have just deleted my app and forced a new install on my phone.

everythings resolved.

i can see my full history & smart tracking has returned.

thanks for replying though Smiley Happy)

Best Answer

I'm sorry @J-D i really should have known better, yes the documentation say the Surge has auto detect .and my brother had told me that he was surprised to see a bike ride recorded without him doing anything. 

Best Answer

Hi there @J-D welcome to the Forums! It's always nice to see new people here. Thanks for the help @Rich_Laue and @WendyBSmiley Very Happy

@J-D I'm glad to see that you're back on track with all your stats. Super! As our good friend @Rich_Laue clarified, Surge has this excellent feature called SmartTrack. If you have more questions about your Fitbit stats or any other doubt I'll be around.

BTW if you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other Fitbitters!

See you later.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana,

I have a separate question about the smart track on my surge.Before it was showing fat burn zones on the app dashboard. Now it doesn’t show fat burn zones. 

This happened after Integrating the MyFitnessPal app to work with my Surge. Is there a way to get that fat burn zone to show again? Picture below to show the differences 

Thanks You can see before June 30 I was getting the fat burn zones after playing bball using smarttrack. Now it just shows how many minutes and calories burned.You can see before June 30 I was getting the fat burn zones after playing bball using smarttrack. Now it just shows how many minutes and calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also noted that my heart rate readings haven’t been working during that time.

You can see it’s set to auto. Do I have a defective Fitbit?Heart rate readings not showing recentlyHeart rate readings not showing recently

Settings are set to auto, not offSettings are set to auto, not off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Dennis04! Those screenshots are really helpful. Smiley Happy

In regards to your question, if your Fitbit Surge is tracking information the heart rate data should be there if this feature is turn on. Have you tried the restart on your Surge? You can also try these steps to troubleshoot it:

1. Reconnect your Fitbit in your phone
  2. Turn off/on the HR option from the Surge then sync your tracker
  3.  I would recommend checking these wearing tips too

Please note that if you're using third party apps to track your activity, some details from the workout won't be transfer. You can see more details hereSmiley Wink

If these steps doesn't help, I think that we might have to check your options with our support team instead, so please keep me posted.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes