Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Blue Light

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I ran a 21k on Sunday, since then, I have had this annoying blue light. I have tried the troubleshooting steps described. I have contacted support to see if they can help and they state there is no issues with blue light, but yet the forum is full of this complaint. What is going on? I hate to be misinform. My battery is draining to fast, please help. I bought the Surge because it has the GPS already in it and I wouldn't have to use my phone's GPS. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@DannielR I have had many different colors (red, blue, orange, yellow). The only thing that was ever affected was battery life. It's not normal for the LED to be on. I'm guessing the warranty has expired. Try draining the battery to zero. This is usually 24 hours after the LED goes out and the display goes blank. After that, recharge and restart. Good luck!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

It should be under warranty, bought it 15 days ago. 

Best Answer

@DannielR Please give them another call. It's defective!. Good luck!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Well, I did it. I waited for the Surge to drain down, then restarted the tracker, plugged in, turned OFF the HR, synced the tracker, restarted the tracker, unplugged, restarted the tracker, plugged it in, restarted the tracker, put HR on Auto, synced the tracker, restarted the tracker, and synced it. That seemed to work and the blue light vanished during the charging period. It did flicker ON and OFF for two hours after that, but did the HR OFF/Auto and sync, which has removed it completely. It took me two days of these steps. Did a 10K run with the GPS ON, this weekend and the Blue Light did not reappear. Something happened that the customer services people did not know what it was and only offered me a replacement or discount, but didn't even attempt to troubleshoot the issue.  

Best Answer