Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Not Syncing With Android App.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received the Sruge, added it to my app and removed my old fitbit (The One). Now, it will not sync! It has been over an hour and still nothing. I have restarted my phone and restarted the Surge and still nothing! PLease help as I am so frustrated right now! I don't want to give up on the Surge, but The One never has glitches like this!

Moderator Edit: Subject for Clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still not syncing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a nightmare and very unreliable.  Try going into the bluetooth settings on your phone and delete the Surge if it shows up as paired.  I know it's counter-intuitive but it (sometimes) seems to cure the problem.  You may need to restart everything afterwards too but it all seems a bit random to me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @chris2121 and @heatball84! Besides the steps you already took, you may want to try to set up your tracker as a new device on your Android. Device, restarting your tracker before this is a really good idea. 

Setup process for Android: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Good luck! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that and took 4 hours or more to sync with the app, I am at my wits end with it now and fit bit just send you automated emails when you ask for advice.

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Nessy8511! Let's work together on this. There are some other steps you may want to try.  I'd like to know if you already tried to sync with different devices. (iOS, Android, PC, Mac, or Windows). I want to know if this happens with a specific device. Please try to set it up as a new device, but don't remove the tracker just replace the previous device (wich is the same). 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes