Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Strap bubbling.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am currently on my 3rd Fitbit Surge as the strap keeps bubbling where the rubber becomes delaminated at the watch / strap interface.

So far Fitbit have replaced the Surge without issue but once my warranty expires, I guess this will no longer be the case and I was really hoping my £180 Fitbit tracker would last longer than 2 years.

Is Fitbit aware of this issue and, more importantly, are they doing anything to address it?

Thanks.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

YES  fitbit are aware of the issue and they have discontinued the surge and replaced with the Iconic!

Best Answer

@jimmyc99 They've been aware for over two years. They're apparent solution was to as @Redmoonstar said. Discontinue the Surge and replace it with the Ionic. If you so desire, Amazon and ebay sell aftermarket bands and YouTube has helpful "How to" video's. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

The straps on mine started to get lose this month after less than a year. I contacted support to get it fixed. One would think that for a 200 pounds watch , you get some form of support under warranty but not really. I could not get it repaired or exchanged for exactly the same ( except for wrong size or a color that probably no one wants, me included.. ). They offered me "generously" to buy their more expensive watch instead for a discount... All this wrapped in fitness jargon.. That was quite surreal.

They are clearly not interested in keeping customers...

Best Answer

Welcome to the "World of Fitbit."

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

For UK consumers, this may help https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

"If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you paid, or to reject the goods for a full refund."

I got a full refund from the retailer where I bought it thanks to the link.

Best Answer

Nice to see you around @Gizmo999! Sorry to hear what happened with your Fitbit. Thanks for your feedback,  please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts. Retailers handle different warranty details according which store you visit. Usually this information is printed in the back of your bill. Fitbit warranty is explained by our Customer Support team, but feel free to check the link to know more about this.

Thanks for your understanding!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit

Thanks for your feedback. This story as far as I'm concerned is over. I'm no longer a Fitbit customer.
That said, I'm aware of Fitbit warranty terms, which I had to find myself.

"f such a defect arises and a return authorization request is received by Fitbit within the applicable Warranty Period, Fitbit will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or (2) replace the Product with a new or refurbished Product. In the event of such a defect, to the extent permitted by law, these are your sole and exclusive remedies. "

I was never offered to get the watch repaired. I was offered to get the watch replaced with same model but not same size/color ( in fact in the end my size was not even available).
I was also offered a discount on others new watches..
This is may be a breach of warranty in the UK I think, although, I'm no lawyer.  I'm just glad I got my money back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in exactly the same position. On my 3rd replacement Surge due to strap bubbling/sync issues. 

They don't have my size and can't give me a timeline on when they'll be able to replace it (knowing they can't replace it as they informed me it's dicontinued)

My options:

1) Wait indefinitely for a Surge replacement (another refurbished one no doubt)

2) Avail of their "generous" discount to buy another product (Not an option, I'm not giving Fitbit another cent of my money given my experience to date)

3) Accept a Blaze in lieu of a Surge (Not an option as the key reason I have the Surge is the inbuilt GPS)

4) Avail of their discount of €100 off the new Ionic, meaning I'd have to pay them another €250!!! (They're mad if they think this is  solution, they should be upgrading Surge users for free given that it is clearly a defective product)

So whilst they appreciate my patience, despite the fact that their faulty product is not fit for purpose,I have nothing but disdain for this product / company based on how poorly they treat their customers. I will never buy / recommend another Fitbit product to friends / family. 

Best Answer