Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge adds steps when I am not moving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently bought a surge and I noticed while at the gym this morning that it was adding steps while I was not moving ? And while on the treadmill there was a difference in the distance on the treadmill to what was on the watch!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Dean001 wrote:

I have recently bought a surge and I noticed while at the gym this morning that it was adding steps while I was not moving ? And while on the treadmill there was a difference in the distance on the treadmill to what was on the watch!

Every once in a while, my Surge will wait to count steps until I've walked maybe 10. Then it catches up after I stop. 

A pedometer is only as accurate as the stride length you set and your ability to maintain that stride length. 

On another topic, the Surge normally will not count steps if you are holding a shopping cart handle. Just put it in your pocket if counting these steps is important to you. It also won't count steps while you hold the handles on a treadmill. 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by guys @Dean001! Thanks for this information @GershonSurge, you guys are awesome! You can find more information about how you Fitbit works with an treadmill machine in this post. About the steps when you're not moving take a look of this tips, and let me know how this works for  you. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes