Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band coming apart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge is less than a year old and the wrist band is falling apart, went into chat and Juan responded quickly, I gave him my info, sent a picture of my Surge to the link provided and he sent me the link to fill out for a replacement. I filled it out so now I'll wait to see how long it takes. The process was easy .

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I had the same issue. They sent me a new one and now that is falling apart even worse than the first. I also have issues with my charging cord and so does my wife. Bummer because I love what the Surge does for tracking activity and sleep. Durability is a joke and I am thinking seriously about switching brands. Good luck with yours!

Best Answer
Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem....and the new charge 2 I bought today says multisports...but doesn't have the ability to customize the sports I want like the Surge...not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had 4 watches in a years time. Each watch band came apart near the watch. I purchased 1, then Fitbit replaced the watches 3 times, each time the band last about 2 months before it falls apart.

I need another one already, so this will be the 5th one. I will switch models this time. Very poor quality.

Best Answer
Thanks for the information!

I am not real happy about what I have been reading!
It appears that I may be calling for another replacement soon after receiving my first replacement!!! Not a good feeling!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information! Not to promising!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine snapped about an inch from the surge face they wo t replace it as 15 months old very angry as at the same time tried to sell me a new one couldn't believe it 

Best Answer
Thanks for the information!
I have gotten so many responses from people who have the Surge all with the same issues! It seems to be a bad design and you would think Fitbit would certainly try to resolve the wristband problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the same problem with the band coming apart.  It was under a year old so they replaced it at no cost.  I received it pretty fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information! Seems as though everybody who has the Surge is having the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes fit bit contacted me last last and said after more thought they
would replace it so here's hoping as I have also seen posts of people who
have had that and nothing turns up thanks got post
Best Answer
0 Votes

They responded quickly to me too, they were very helpful. But after the fourth watch band coming apart in a years time, I'm switching models for 50% off for my 5th watch.  Hope you have better luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for information they have come back and said they would replace have
done all the paper work so hopefully I get my new watch I have also found a
strap replacement set on trade me so have brought one of those alwell as
there seemed to be some good feedback about that if all this didn't work I
will need to look at another brand shame as I liked my surge
Best Answer
0 Votes

What if it is older?  Is there a way to get a new band?  Or do they offer a lower price on a replacement if you send the old one in?  I estimate a month before my breaks off altogether at the screws.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi mine was 17 months old and at first they said they would not do anything
then when I said how disappointed I was in the product and service they
came back with a offer of a replacement no charge I have yet to receive
this but it's due in a weeks time I also found a replacement strap set on
trade me for 40.00 NZ so have ordered one of those as well the straps are
also on amazons but they won't mail to New Zealand so went with the trademe
option Lynne
Best Answer
0 Votes
They will offer a 25% discount if it is "out of warranty"!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit contacted me and after going round and round about their poor quality bands, i was told i could not get a replacement since my original was purchased outside of the year warranty. Even though the second replacement band did not make it a year either. After voicing my displeasure at the offer of 25% off, and telling them i was going to another brand, viola a new offer to replace. Glad they did the right thing. I will wear this one to it fails and get a new brand after. 

Best Answer
Good Luck!!!! 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The response from Fitbit was fast in terms of telling me that they would replace my bad Surge with a new one!

However they still have not shipped my new one and when I inquired I was told that they did not know when it would be shipped! So in that regard, not good!

Best Answer
0 Votes