Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My second Surge band broke away. First one was replaced under warranty with no issue.  Second band recently broke away.  When I contacted customer service a very nice lady told me that the replacement one isn't covered under a warranty.  Offered a 20% discount on a new FitBit.  How is it that a replacement isn't covered under the same warranty? It seems to me that they know they have a problem and no solution is offered except to buy a new one.  Seems like a bad policy to a long time user. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @bugslovertoothank you for the comments and thoughts about Fitbit product.

I know that you may be questioning about the quality of Fitbit trackers but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. As mentioned before, we really appreciate your feedback but our support team can give you the options that you might have using the Fitbit warranty . In case that you have questions about it, feel free to reply to the last email that you got from them, if you're not getting any information from them; let me know. 

I'll be around if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have the same problem in that my replacement band has melted away (in heat I believe) but it is frustrating that the band isn't replaceable as the actual fitbit works fine! I've emailed them to ask if it's still under warranty since my replacement so I will keep you posted @Kevheal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please do Jessiej.  It is a shame that I had 3 bands in 2.3 years fail, and that it is no longer covered by warranty.  Hope you have better luck than the people who are left with this type of "tested" quality construction.

Band failure 2nd and third time.Band failure 2nd and third time.

Spongebob Slowpants
Best Answer

@MA678 wrote:
I chose apple in the end

Sent from my iPhone

Please let us know what you think of your new watch.

Spongebob Slowpants
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's terrible! I've even glued both of mine but they still come apart!

Sorry to hear you weren't successful in getting yours replaced! It is a shame as the actual fitbit works fine & is really good! Why did they make the band's non replaceable??!! 😞

Best Answer

If this is their "highest quality", buy something else.

Spongebob Slowpants
Best Answer

They got back to me & the replacement was just about under warranty that they sent out in August 2017. Ive opted for 50% off another fitbit that has a band that is changeable. Fingers crossed for better luck with the ionic Adidas even though I had to pay out. I really didn't want another surge that will no doubt fall apart again in a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

50%!  that is a better deal than they offered me.  Good luck.  I have heard that the bands don't snap into place well.

cheers

@Jessiej wrote:

They got back to me & the replacement was just about under warranty that they sent out in August 2017. Ive opted for 50% off another fitbit that has a band that is changeable. Fingers crossed for better luck with the ionic Adidas even though I had to pay out. I really didn't want another surge that will no doubt fall apart again in a year!

Spongebob Slowpants
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bugslovertoo and @Jessiej thanks for getting back.

We really appreciate your time to share your experience with Fitbit products. @Jessiej I see that you will be using the new Ionic Adidas edition and that's a great model. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

@bugslovertoo Rest assure that Fitbit is always working to provide great products and customer experience. This is why, your comments are always welcomed and the Community is a great place to make your voice heard.  Each scenario is different and the solution that our team provides is based on the Fitbit Warranty.

We really like to see you here in the Forums. Our goal is to foster a pleasant and collaborative environment, so please just keep in mind that you can share your comments in a constructive way following the Fitbit Community guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi

I don't know where in all my posts I have been unpleasant.  I have questioned the quality of the watch strap.  I responded to a statement about "testing to the highest quality".  I have had 3 Fitbits in less than 3 years because of band failure.  If my definition of highest quality is not the same as Fitbits, then we disagree on what high quality means.  That isn't rude or disrespectful.

I understand that the warranty has expired.  I understand that my watch has been replaced twice for no charge.  The problem is that the design and materials flaw that are inherent in this model should be weighed against the legalities of a warranty statement. 

If Fitbit believes that a band that has a lifespan of about a year is the highest quality, then I would suggest other brands to people to save them the disappointment I (and others) have experienced.  If Fitbit personnel or moderators are upset with what I have said, please let me know where I have erred so I can apologise.  

Please know that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my Surge!  I eagerly promoted Fitbit to friends.  However, after having such poor band performance I regret promoting it as they too had band issues.

In a world of consumers, Fitbit can afford to lose me and my friends.  There are always new products and new customers.  Behind the aegis of a warranty, one can always stand.  Right or wrong, good or bad, that is in the minds of the consumer and the producer of the product.  In this situation, the lacuna between us is large.

My Fitbit works.  The band doesn't.  It is a huge disappointment.

Spongebob Slowpants
Best Answer

Hi,

I am having fitbit Surge watch. My wrist band will break soon.

Kindly let me know where can I get the same.

waiting for your valuable response on the same.

Thank You !

Saiprasad

Best Answer

Nice to see you again @bugslovertoo, thanks for your comments. Welcome to the Forums @Saiprasad.

@bugslovertoo We're glad to see you around, thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

@Saiprasad Sorry about what happened to your Surge band. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I had 3 replacements, all under a year and covered by the warranty.

Best Answer

Hi @Slambo thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry for the inconvenience, we take all interactions here in the community to give feedback to our team.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes