Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge clockface not fit for purpose.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having been impressed by my wife's Charge 2 I bought a Surge. Rarely have I been more disappointed with a product. Simply put the clockface is so dim and often unreadable. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, PERIOD! If you like a stealth fitness watch it's fine. I prefer to be able to easily read time, HR and other data. Why is the Charge bright and easy to read and the Surge not? Progress??? Yes I have tried 'on and auto' in the settings. It is obvious the marketing and video clips overenhanced the contrast in editing. The watch is not as marketed. Try customer support and all you get is polite fob offs. I challenge Fitbit to answer honestly and directly all the points raised in this post.Disgusted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Are you not able to return it?

Best Answer

I am trying but hitting a wall at the moment. I do feel so let down though as on paper it should be a winner, but the reality is a different place. Why mislead in their marketing to such an extent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Morgawr the Surge screen uses a different, lower energy technology than the Charge 2 (I believe it is similar to LCD digital watches).  This allows the screen to be constantly on without undue drain on the battery.  The Charge 2's screen is brighter, but it is only on for a few seconds at a time.

When I am running I find the always on feature very helpful because I do not then have to worry about flicking my wrist just so, or pressing a button.  Your needs may be different, and perhaps another Fitbit would suit you better.  I don't agree that it is marketed in a misleading way, however.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer