Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge compatible with Google Pixel XL

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

This is my first post Ive just bought a Surge and for Christmas I got a Google Pixel XL, it seems I can link these 2 devices together for all information besides music control and notifications. Any idea on when it will be compatible? Ive seen some other posts of people using older devices but just wondering if there is any idea on an update, kind of dissapointing to spend $300 on the Surge to not get notifications or music control.

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AmityLenore! It's great to see you participating in our Community, welcome! Cat Happy

Thanks a million for your feedback!  I understand your grievances and that's why I want to apologize for the issues you're having trying to connect with the Fitbit App. But since this models of phone are not on the list of compatible devices, we can not assure that they will be connecting flawless. 

Nevertheless, I will definitely pass all this feedback along to our team; we do take all of your feedback seriously. Thanks for sharing! If you have the option to connect with a computer or with a compatible device, feel free to come back with any inquiry you may have.

See you around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I doubt anyone has any real information on this as Fitbit tend not to announce anything before availability.

You could keep an eye on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices

At the moment the Pixel is not listed. This doesn't mean that it definitely won't work, only that it has not been proven to work by fitbit. This means that your results with it may vary and it will be difficult to progress any issues until it is formally supported. 

Best Answer

Are you saying the music control functions do not work via bluetooth? I have the Surge and I am upgrading my phone soon and I am looking into the Pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have both and all was well until I couldn't sync Sunday night and trying to fix that. Hurry up Fitbit and make them compatible please! There's limited enjoyment of the product if I can't sync my data.

Laura

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @SteveH! 🙂 Nice to see you here @Tys@KomodoRunner63, and @LjvbWireless sync has been a frequently requested feature from Android users, so we've been eager to get support out as quickly as possible. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. 

At the moment there is not an estimated time for this to be implemented. However, to see the latest list of supported devices, please go to Fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and it still hasn't been fixed. Before my Pixel, I had the Droid Turbo; I was able to control my music via my surge with this device. Notifications have never worked.

Wish Fitbit was more Android development friendly..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AmityLenore! It's great to see you participating in our Community, welcome! Cat Happy

Thanks a million for your feedback!  I understand your grievances and that's why I want to apologize for the issues you're having trying to connect with the Fitbit App. But since this models of phone are not on the list of compatible devices, we can not assure that they will be connecting flawless. 

Nevertheless, I will definitely pass all this feedback along to our team; we do take all of your feedback seriously. Thanks for sharing! If you have the option to connect with a computer or with a compatible device, feel free to come back with any inquiry you may have.

See you around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes