Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge is not syncing, time is off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to charge on way to work and it drained the battery instead of charging it.  It ran half an hour slow and does not sync.  I tried the advice to push the two buttons which put the plus sign on and it won't come off now.  Three days in a row it is not working.  I am not happy as the Surge is not inexpensive.  There should be a way to sync and fix time that I can actually do.  I am pushing buttons and nothing.  The sync on my phone goes round and round and round and nothing.  Feeling very frustrated.  I will use my old watch again today.  This needs to be fixed and I have no idea how.  Please help.  Thank you.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @LenoraA2017! Welcome to the Family!

Thanks a million @Emujo and @VF31AE3 for the piece of advice! You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Surge" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync. 

If that doesn't help please try these troubleshooting steps to sync your Surge: 

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

You can reach out Support Team to receive more help, they can be reach via email, or if you prefer you can chat or calling them at if you're located in the next places:

• US/Canada: (877) 623-4997 from 4am to 9pm (PT).
  • UK: 0208 865 3243 from 9am to 6pm.
  • India: 000 800 100 4540 from 10am to 9pm (IST).

Keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

if you are within the warranty period, simply call Fitbit support. They will replace the surge at no cost. If you are out of warranty they will only offer you a discount on another Fitbit tracker..I don't offer any troubleshooting tips because I think you are at the beginning of the end for your Surge. Emujo

Best Answer

@LenoraA2017 A last resort is to let the battery drain to zero. This is usually 24 hours after the screen goes blank. Once that has occurred, plug the Surge in and charge. Once charged turn it on. It should sync. If not then it is probably gone. Good luck!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Hey there, @LenoraA2017! Welcome to the Family!

Thanks a million @Emujo and @VF31AE3 for the piece of advice! You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Surge" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync. 

If that doesn't help please try these troubleshooting steps to sync your Surge: 

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

You can reach out Support Team to receive more help, they can be reach via email, or if you prefer you can chat or calling them at if you're located in the next places:

• US/Canada: (877) 623-4997 from 4am to 9pm (PT).
  • UK: 0208 865 3243 from 9am to 6pm.
  • India: 000 800 100 4540 from 10am to 9pm (IST).

Keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Had exactly same problem - best to let it drain completely and restart - I think if it charges for too long it gets overheated and goes funny.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Ronsan, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Robot wink

Thanks a million for the tip, it's great to see that you're willing to share your experience and best practices. Feel free to keep posting around! We need more people like you to enrich our Community!

Let me know if I can further help!Woman Wink

Best Answer

I know this trail might be a bit outdated but I followed this advice and it works. It appears to be a conflict with the phone’s Bluetooth settings and the Fitbit apps pairing. So just delete the device on both and then repair and it works! Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to see you here in the Forums @Pauldcnicholls, your comments are very important for us! 

Thanks a million for your feedback, I'm happy to see that you were able to reconnect your Fitbit back with your phone. 

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends.

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: You know you're a Fitbit addict when...... or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here!

Happy Stepping!

Best Answer