Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge strap defects

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I'm on my 3rd surge. All the previous ones have had strap defects. Now after wearing the latest one for less than 3 months the strap has started to bubble again. As this is a common problem with the surge I'd like to upgrade to an ionic or get a refund as I've lost confidence in the surge completely. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The Surge is no longer made and all the trackers now have replaceable straps.

Best Answer

I hope fitbit come up with a cost effective solution

Best Answer

It seems you can buy aftermarket straps for the surge now. Not official fitbit products I guess. Might explain the terrible warranty solution they came up with. Let's see if the cheap copy strap last longer than the original strap.  I have to say my next tracker will not be a fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi, the Surge is a great tool.  The weakness is the strap.  I got a new one at 6 months (warranty).  I am at 1 year 4 months and I have bubbles in the wristband again.  
There is no reason to sell something that isn't made to last.  I take care of my things, including the Surge.
I think Fitbit ought to continue to replace defective bands.  If they don't, I'm switching to a new brand of watch. 

Good customer service means doing the right thing Fitbit.

Thanks!

Best Answer

@gteam64 have you read the warranty? Link found below. 

Best Answer

The fact it's no longer available says a lot.  How about offering to replace the defective surge with another model of equal value.

Best Answer