Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge touch screen won’t work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Surge will show the time, the buttons work, so I can get to exercise mode, but the touch screen will not work at all. If I swipe to the left to see my steps, the watch won’t do anything, as if I never have touched it. I can not restart it, as the screen won’t work, but I can sync it to my iPhone. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AnitaJMoody The only thing left (that I can think of) is to drain the battery to zero (about 24 hours after the screen goes blank) then charge and restart. If that doesn't work then it may be the end. Two years (from what I see on the Forum) is very rare. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@Diodes123 If the buttons work you can restart by pressing the left and lower right buttons. Hold them simultaneously until the screen blinks or dims. Release the buttons and wait until the screen goes blank (it takes a few seconds). Wait 30 seconds after that and press the left button to restart. Good luck.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is about 2 years old, and I tried the official restart multiple times, and it did not fix the "screen won't swipe" problem.  Any other suggestions?  

Best Answer

@AnitaJMoody The only thing left (that I can think of) is to drain the battery to zero (about 24 hours after the screen goes blank) then charge and restart. If that doesn't work then it may be the end. Two years (from what I see on the Forum) is very rare. Good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks! It works now! 

Moderator's edit: Format

Best Answer

OK, thanks for responding.  The Surge is a very expensive device to last just two years.  I'll look at the clip-ons as a less expensive option.  (Also, that will probably be more comfortable on my wrist since I have small wrists and the Surge is so bulky.)

Best Answer

...thanks for response...already tried that multiple times.  Walked last weekend in N.C., (very humid), and noticed that the screen had collected moisture.  I let it dry inside, and when I walked today in Va., (much less humidity), I noticed that the screen, again, collected moisture, so guess I'll check out options.  Again, thanks.

Best Answer

@AnitaJMoody Unfortunately the condensation will always come back. There is a defective seal allowing the moisture to get in. If the band is the culprit then replacing it may solve the problem. If it isn't the band I don't think it can be fixed. Good luck.

Best Answer

I will try that...also, I've seen videos of Surge owners replacing the bands themselves, so I will try that avenue.  Considering the cost of the Surge, a $20 band replacement doesn't sound too bad...thanks to all who responded.

Best Answer

I'm also having touch screen problems with the surge. Will not work at all. I never wear it in the shower but there has been condensation inside the screen so I think it may be that. I'm totally fed up with the surge. Amazon have kindly replaced it three times now because the strap wore through near the face twice and the other one seem to lose the will to synch.

I may complain direct to them. This one is less than 2 years old. Are we really saying you pay all that money and then accept it conking out in less than 2 years?

Best Answer
Yup..
Fitbit won't repair... I ordered a replacement band from third party and it
didn't fit... suggest just buying new one...
Best Answer
My surge’s band is really destroyed, but I’m not sure where to get a new one. I can replace it myself, because I do that sort of stuff, but I don’t know where to get one. Also my screen was acting funny, so I just restarted it and that’s good now!
Best Answer

I'm on my 3rd Surge under warranty. The first one had a faulty bottom right button, the second surge's band broke near the face. I emailed customer services and they sent a new one no questions on both occasions. However, the touch screen has stopped working on the 3rd one after a few days. It's really not a good product, but I like the app functionality better than garmin's.

Best Answer

This process work for my surge thanks for the advice

Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @ascrawley and @Lilly18, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

I'm glad to see that it worked for you @Lilly18, feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi, yeah I have my 4th surge (3rd replacement) on it’s way to me next week. See how this one fairs. 

Best Answer

I hope you don't have more issues with this one @ascrawley, if you need anything else please let me know.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do so far is working great

Best Answer

That's great @Lilly18, it's good to know that you're back on track.  See you around!

Best Answer

I'm also in the same boat.  My screen doesn't work for the touch anymore.  Ive tried to reset it as suggested, still doesnt work.

I replaced the strap that broke after only a few months, but not having the ability to scroll is irksome.  Thank goodness it's still counting steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes