Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge touch screen won’t work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Surge will show the time, the buttons work, so I can get to exercise mode, but the touch screen will not work at all. If I swipe to the left to see my steps, the watch won’t do anything, as if I never have touched it. I can not restart it, as the screen won’t work, but I can sync it to my iPhone. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Patients worked for me, I had to set it and reset it several times, take the app off put the app back on my phone, go back redo reset it everything else, and I finally got it to work right it kept telling me it couldn't find my tracker but I finally got it, patience is what it is

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @cdmueller103, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community @Myron711.

That great @Lilly18! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

@Myron711 You can tried something similar, we usually don't recommend uninstalling the App but your can give it a try and then try these syncing steps to reconnect your Fitbit. Some users also have reported better results if they do an small changes on the Settings and then try force sync the Surge with a compatible device. 

For example changing the time zone in Advanced Settings in the Fitbit app (under the Time Zone option, turn off "Set Automatically", select a random time zone different from home time zone, and re-sync). You can change it back later on. Good luck!

Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My surge won’t swipe, stuck on run. I can’t get to the other functions. It’s almost 3 yrs old. This really stinks for a $250 product. I already restarted etc, it didn’t work 

Best Answer

I don’t know how reliable other smart watches are as compared to a Surge. I only know I’ve gotten used to mine and I like it. I’ve had some issues with it such as the breaking bands. My first Surge had that issue, and FitBit sent me a new one gratis which was nice, but they didn’t ask me for my original watch, so I kept it. Later, I found out there were many vendors on Amazon selling replacement bands, so of course I got one. Not expensive! Also, you can get band covers, which prolong the band life, and they work. My replacement Surge just stopped working, (not getting past the icon), and I thought that one was done, until I got a referral to JoesGE. Apparently they can fix just about anything on a Surge. They replaced my main board for $50 total, including shipping both ways. Getting ready to send them my original Surge which got the spiderwebs on the screen so won’t swipe. I expect the bill to be about the same. To me, even though there have been problems, there are cost effective solutions versus buying a new smart watch I have to get used to. And since I have two, I’ll always have one to wear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with my Surge and this is what worked for me.

I found that the Heart Rate monitoring was causing it to freeze so I did the following:

1 - turn off Heart Rate monitoring from the app and allow the Surge to sync.

2 - remove the Surge from my account.

3 - connect the Surge to my account. 

It's been 48 hours now and the screen is is still responsive. I can scroll through all of the screens.

Best Answer

I went out and bought a Garmin, no more issues with cheap stuff

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had all 3 problems mentioned, touchscreen won't swipe; moisture under the face; strap broke just after the 1 year warranty was up and Fitbit said they can't fix it as the strap cannot be replaced, but would give me 25% off if I bought a new Surge. Like that's gonna happen. I now have a $250 paper weight. I would not buy another of these for 1/4 of the price. Fitbit doesn't care about their customer service and there are many options out there now. 

Best Answer

New bands are available on Amazon. I like the KingAcc. So are band/case covers which make the bands last longer. The Surge is susceptible to screen delamination  which is manifested by a spiderweb type cracking appearance. This makes the screen virtually unswipeable and it must be replaced. This can be arranged for $55 complete, including all shipping by an outfit found at JoesGE.com. 

Best Answer

Amazon. I like the KingAcc; it’s very close to the original in flexibility. Others I’ve tried were too stiff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Leave it under your pillow.

Always Works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked and I am so happy!! I usually wear my Fitbit everyday so getting rid of it will be hard.🤗🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well unfortunately I lost the charging cord for about 8 months and bought a new cord and charger and charged it up and the problems started again... this time I got a grey screen and then it went to lines running top to bottom and then went to blank screen and the backlight on.... I give up !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well it’s not good to give up, you should always try shouldn’t you??
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I probably will till I am certain there is no doubt about it starting to work 
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well yeah, if your sure it’s never gonna work then that’s when you give up on it.
Best Answer

Thanks,your info worked

Best Answer

Awesome! Glad to be of help!

Best Answer
0 Votes