Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge trade-in proposal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using Surge for 2+ years and has the wrist band broken but cannot find any official replacement at Fitbit site. I am strongly recommending Fitbit to consider trade-in policy for Surge, say with Ionic, as there is not long any official support for Surge users, especially for those with warranty expired.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have the same issue I called them and they offer 25% off a newer mode 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@IvyCat Amazon and ebay sell replacement bands for the Surge. YouTube has "How to" video's to show it's done. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is unrealistic to expect FitBit to have a trade in program for the Surge, it is not a car dealership.

If you owned the company, you would have the same opinion.

Unfortunately the band coming off is a standard problem, due to the flexibility of the rubber, and fitbit addresses this within the warranty period by providing a replacement watch.  Outside of the period, they may assist you with a new purchase, I would suggest to contact Support (which is not fitbit) or fitbit corporation itself.

Best Answer

I have the same issue I called them and they offer 25% off a newer mode 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The surge has also been discontinued.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you share me the number? As the contact point at Hong Kong can offer nothing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried but the connection with the main body is not perfect...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you send in your surge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DutchRaiderwrote:

It is unrealistic to expect FitBit to have a trade in program for the Surge, it is not a car dealership.

If you owned the company, you would have the same opinion.

Unfortunately the band coming off is a standard problem, due to the flexibility of the rubber, and fitbit addresses this within the warranty period by providing a replacement watch.  Outside of the period, they may assist you with a new purchase, I would suggest to contact Support (which is not fitbit) or fitbit corporation itself.

It is realistic, because the crap band is a design flaw.  Simply because it is a standard problem is the reason they should offer a replacement, or at least something like 75% trade in value vs. the dismal 25%.

Best Answer
It was a suggestion. A loyalty program that I would expect any company that continues to innovate devices every 18 months should look into.

Jaymi Gonzalez
Director
Supply Chain
KASHI
269 274 3329
858 720-2606
[cid:image001.jpg@01D3C72B.2913F010]
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can chat online with support people, they were able to help me and offered a discount for a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

25% isn't a whole lot when the product is just over a year old.  I opted to glue it, and that has held up pretty well on the top side.  Mines about three years old now, and the bottom band was about to tear in half.  I opted for the $13 do it yourself replacement band on Amazon.  Replacing the bottom band was a sinch.  The top has the GPS in it.  I'll do that part when my previous fix needs fixed.  In the mean time, the device itself is still working great, so I'll keep it going with it as long as I can.

They got smart on the new Versa and Ionic and have a replaceable band.  But I'm not spending another $200-$300 on another FitBit until my Surge dies and I might just go to another company then, because their lack of support on this band issue on the Surge is beyond lousy.

Best Answer

For the 2nd time I ordered fitbit surge bands from amazon and had with in 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex worked better than this **ahem**.. Granted, it was my sons, then he got an apple, my wifes alta stopped working so she started using it. The HR NEVER WORKED, SLEEP NEVER WORKED, STEPS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY.Even after resets, hard resets..blah..blah. I lost my beloved Flex in Galveston just playing in the waves. My fault totally, wasn’t a waterproof issue, but a body boarding issue, I had that little Flex for 6 years wore it in the pool... never an issue. It always tracked my sleep automatically and my steps down to the minute through the app. 
  I recently inherited the Surge, after my wife got a new Fitbit, and it SUCKS. It barely works as a watch since the brightness of the readout is only good in a cave. Planning on just throwing the Surge in the trash since there’s no support or bug fixes. Apparently, Fitbit knows the Surge sucks and they are happy with just sweeping in under the rug, hoping that you’ll just buy a newer one. Well I loved my Flex, and it did everything I looked for in a fitness tracker. I like my classic chronograph watch, then I have a fitness tracker. I wished that the two had never met and had a baby named Surge. 

Best Answer