Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge turning off when is not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cant turn on my surge.  when i charge it, it turns on, when i disconnect it from charging it turns off and wont turn on anymore. 

What should i do?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Thanks for joining us to this family, hope you like what find here @Rdc1987Cat Happy

Sorry about your Surge. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? How are you changing your Surge?

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

On watch, lightning symbol does not go off while charging cord is connected.  And even when unplugged, small amount of battery picture not dark.  But app shows battery full.

Best Answer

Hi @Chaspsmith, thanks for jumping in! Smiley Happy

If you already tried the steps suggested above, let the battery of your Surge drains out until it turns off, then restart it a couple of times and charge it again. Your Surge will show the lightning symbol while it is charging, that's an expected behavior on the Surge.

Hope this helps, let me know how this turns out! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Rdc1987 did you found the solution? I've the same issue.....I made reset, syncro with other device and it persist.....support team it is not able to give me a solution..... :(, as far as I saw it is a ver COMMON issue

@Rdc1987wrote:

I cant turn on my surge.  when i charge it, it turns on, when i disconnect it from charging it turns off and wont turn on anymore. 

What should i do?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer

Hi @chrisabc2, welcome to this thread! Nice to see you on the Forums. Smiley Happy

I really appreciate your comments. Did you tried these steps already? Sometimes your Surge needs to be cleaned out a little bit so it can receive the energy while charging. You can also try to reconnect your Surge in case that your tracker is having firmware version issues.

If this doesn't help, let me know so I can request a new case for you.

Happy to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit yes I made ALL these steps, also we received online support as you could check on your registers but no luck..... several users have this issue.......any idea????

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @chrisabc2! Good to hear that you already contact our support team, since they will have the option to follow up with. Those steps usually are enough to make it work, our team will take a look of this specific scenario. I hope they get it resolve.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit yes, but unfortunatelly the solution they gave me doesnt work..... I'm still waiting....

Best Answer

Thanks for your response @chrisabc2. Let's keep our fingers crossed, let me know if you need anything else from me!

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Fitbit Surge working properly, but suddenly now it only turns itself on when plugged.  It charges (at least, the battery icon shows as charged), but when I uplug it, it dies.  I cannot even restart it.  I have also tried all the suggestions.

Best Answer

hope we have lucky!! it is a common issue but nobody knows (either fitbit..) how to solve it....

Best Answer

Hi @taisgt and @chrisabc2 your comments and feedback are really import for us! Nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for research that you have done and for the steps your tried. How old is your tracker? Did you tried these steps already? Have you tried multiple restarts when it is plugged in? Please confirm this information so we can see the next step!

@chrisabc2 How are you? Did you receive any other response from our team? Sorry to hear that your tracker is still not working.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

Unfortunately no news... we follow the steps you mentioned and other ones provided by support no success. Please provide us a solution...

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue with the surge. I also tried restarting multiple times when it is plugged in.

Best Answer

Hi @ericalo, welcome to the Forums! So glad to see you around. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your Surge @ericalo, did you tried these other steps too? How old is your Fitbit?

Hey @chrisabc2, thanks for confirming the status of your case and for confirming those steps. I've got in touch with out team and they will be getting in touch with you shortly. Keep an eye in your email inbox!

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, waiting for a quick solution... unfortunately we are several users with the same issue and till now no solution or worarrround provided...

Best Answer

The surge is not old at all, received it in October 2017.

my Surge is fully charged, but as soon as I take it off the charger it goes dead.

Best Answer

Exactly the same in my case and all the others though the web....

planned obsolesence???

Today I have received a message for customer support, the problem is with the screen, it must be replaced but due to the end of guaranty...no support.

obviously ir is “planned obsolescence”

Moderator edit: Word choice/Format.

Best Answer

Hi @chrisabc2 and @ericalo, thanks for getting back!

@ericalo We appreciate your feedback. Did you try the steps I suggested in my previous post? If this is not working I can request a new case for you, so you can receive more help from our team.

@chrisabc2 Sorry to hear that your Fitbit is no longer under warranty. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes