Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge watch band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge band is tearing from the device.   This is my second Surge as Customer Service has already replaced my first one that developed moisture.   When I reached out to Customer Service this time they told me that my watch was out-of-warrant and gave me my original Surge purchase date as the reason.   They then offered me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit.   This Surge works very well, the band is just tearing.   I just want my band replaced, I don't need a new device.   I have purchased devices for my wife and two of my children.  I think that this is a problem with the construction of the device (holding a rubber watch band with metal screws).    If I can't get help, I will switch to a more durable product.   Thanks. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Doug. I will try but doubt I will get the same response. I will probably buy the strap bit will look about for something else long term. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Robertsdp. Amazon sells aftermarket bands for the Surge. It comes with the Torx driver for the screws. YouTube has "How to" videos. Watch the video first to see if it's something you or a friend are willing to undertake. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

I have the same problem with my band and customer service had the same answer of 25% discount. It is disappointing that they don't have a replacement band for their most expansive watch. I will try to find the band on Amazon as recommended by somebody. Hope it works. I have always been happy with my fitbit products and have been a customer since 2013. Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

Best Answer

You kind of answered my query. My Surge was falling apart at the strap and was still in warranty. They replaced it for me no quibbles but I don't even think the replacement is 12 months old and it's splitting again and bubbled. I was going to contact customer services but this has made me think why bother. 

Best Answer

It is just very frustrating that we have to go outside the company to get this resolution (Amazon).   I wear my Fitbit all the time and was a staunch advocate for it until it started to tear and the suggested resolution from Fitbit was a 25% coupon.  I think that I will look to another product line for my fitness watch and let them keep their coupon.      

Best Answer

Totally agree. I wear mine constantly even going out of an evening despite it being a tad big. I've also encouraged mates to move from Nike Fuel Bands to FitBits. I will be buying the replacement band as I'm not in a position to buy an alternative but come Christmas I know what I'll be asking for Santa. 😉

Best Answer

Dazed,

I reached back out to Fitbit and informed them that I was not satisfied that they only offered me a 20% coupon on a new Fitbit.  I passed along my disappointment that they could not fix their own product and that I was forced to purchase an after-market band from Amazon.  Fitbit reached out to me today and informed me that they had decided to send me a Fitbit replacement.   Just wanted to pass along the info.

Good luck, Doug 

Best Answer

Thanks Doug. I will try but doubt I will get the same response. I will probably buy the strap bit will look about for something else long term. 

Best Answer

Thanks for encouraging me to contact fitbit. I'm delighted as they are sending me a replacement surge.

Best Answer

Outstanding!  

Best Answer
I talked to customer service today and unless your are under your 1 year warranty they only give you a 25% discount on your new purchase. Guess I will be trying the Amazon bands.
Best Answer
0 Votes