Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won't hold battery charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, So Fitbit was kind enough to replace my Surge for the 2nd time now out of warranty...I received my 2nd replacement today and it won't hold a charge.  I have contacted them and they are sending me out a 3rd replacement today.  I have to admit I'm very frustrated. It is very good of them to be sending out replacements for me but I just want a working watch.  When you are used to wearing a Fitbit and you don't have a working one a week or two feels like an eternity.  They do not sell the Surge anymore I guess due to issues.  Anyone else have this problem? I have no confidence in the Surge.  I don't want to spend anymore on another Fitbit as the Surge cost a bit and I feel it should last longer.  I'll give it one more try when I get the new one.  I think i posted this in the wrong topic, sorry!

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Have you tried different USB Ports?

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have...to no avail. Itried everything.  Thanks for sending me the thread.  I appreciate it.  I received my replacement though and it is working as it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge is not holding a charge any more.  I can charge it for 24 hours & it will die withing 1 to 2 hours or normal use.  When I chat with tech support, they tell me that my tracker has been previously replaced.  Which means, I have a refurb and no recourse!!! They don't even have a service center where you can pay to have it repaired.  The only option is to purchase a brand new one, and hope it lasts longer that 1 year!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ask to speak to a supervisor...I went through the same thing.  Persist and perhaps they will kindly replace it again. They did for me!  The Surge is discontinued now and is not for sale so if they have any stock left I don't see why they wouldn't. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Just got a replacement yesterday & still the same problem won’t hold charge. I’m really frustrated it took 3 weeks to get a really & still same issue .😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn’t last one day. How do i request a replacement???

Who do i contact and how to request a replacement? Mine doesn’t last one day after an overnight charge!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wrote to the CEO’ s of the company and eventually I received a full refund by mail. I purchased a Versa and it is great! Good luck if you try that route.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Can you tell me how to contact the CEO?
Namaste,
Aimee 

Thanks, Joan

How can I reach the CEO?  

I haven't been able to get any support, just SALES

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
Thank u. How would I get the ceo of the company details.?

Sent using the mail.com mail app
Best Answer

Google CEO Fitbit emails...found it under Elliott.org

Best Answer

See below

Best Answer

Hi @Chadz_yea, I'm glad to have you here on the Forums! Thanks for sharing your comments @ASquare and @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for posting your feedback @Chadz_yea. In your case is best if you reply back to our support team so they can be aware of this, they can check your option too. I've already checked with them and I noticed you have case for t his issue. 

@ASquare thanks for contacting our team, they will check your warranty options. Let  me know if you have questions about it.

@SunsetRunner I appreciate the time you've taken in order to follow all steps from our support team. Thanks for sharing the outcome of your case. 

I'll be around if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes