Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue where their surge would not connect via bluetooth to either sync or send notifications?

I noticed this morning when I rec'd my weekly report that there was no data for any day except the Monday. I thought it was odd that I had stopped receiving message and call notifications but I never sat down to figure out why. Anyway this morning, I tried to manually sync the device with no luck,  the pink wheel circles on the right for about 1-2 minutes before giving up and showing the date as having last synced on May 16...

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, updating the location permissions, restarting the tracker, re-pairing the tracker and still no joy!

Could anyone else please recommend an alternative to the above?

Thanks,

Declan

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7
Hi. Had same problem and just solved it. Or coincidence. Have you got wifi on?  Turn it off. Turn Bluetooth off. Reconnect Bluetooth. Sync. Reconnect wifi after successful sync Worked for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. What I have to do is turn the Surge off and turn it back on, then it will Sync.  I have to do this multiple times a day.  This just started on monday as well.  Not sure what the deal is.

Best Answer

I've been experiencing the same problem for nearly 3 months now. I've tried all the suggestions I can see in the help forum but the only think that works is powering down & re-starting.

Because my Fitbit won't sync I'm also experiencing the battery only lasting two thirds of a day when it used to last 3 days previously. I presume poor battery life is because the device is continually trying to sync. I have to carry my power cord with me to & from work in order to keep topping up. If I'm away from my computer for extended time I need to bring a power bank with me.

I took this back to the retailer I purchased from but they couldn't help.

Best Answer

I have had problems with mine syncing over the past few months and have to go in the settings on the Surge and either re-pair or switch bluetooth on or reboot the Surge, yesterday it has stopped working altogether Smiley Mad after the update on my phone, tried removing and resyncing and still not working. Smiley Frustrated

I'm hoping when it starts working it uploads all my runs and activities

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Mine would sync for a while and then forgot everything. After a re-setup it synced for a while. Now it just tells me it is ready to sync and then gives me a message that, "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again." I have run through all the Fitbit suggested fixes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what phones do you use ??

I found the A+B to work for me

I also found that on my phone Bluetooth settings it showed a Surge and Surge classic.I deleted the Surge and just used Surge Classic

A - Turn off Bluetooth and then try to sync through the App. Will state sync error then ask to turn on Bluetooth, allow this and try to sync.

B - Remove the paired surge in Bluetooth settings,go to the surge settings and turn on Bluetooth classic and search for fitbit in the Bluetooth settings, pair if you see it and sync (can turn this setting off if works).

C - Remove paired surge in Bluetooth settings and search for the surge, pair if found and sync.

Just trudging along
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, 

Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately norhing seems to return my Surge to "normal" as I'm still being required to manually sync (with quite a low success rate might I add). 

For those who asked I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7. I don't think it's this device as my Bluetooth headphones and speaker are still working well. 

My only guess is that Fitbit has updated its software and that something has gone wrong? Everything was working A-OK until last week and seeing you all in the same boat, while comforting in a way, also makes me angrier. 

Disappointed to say the least, I was planning on moving up to a Blaze but I think I'll pay the extra for a S Gear. 

Fingers crossed this issue can be solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes