Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wristband bubbled

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Surge in April 2016. Loved the functionality of the watch, but that feeling was soon gone two months in when the band began bubbling under the surface. I contacted support and was impressed with how fast they got a new one out to me. What I didn't realize at the time was that it was fast and efficient because they had a lot of practice with this.
Since that initial replacement, I have received four more replacement trackers only to have the same exact problem come up; the band is defective. I look over the forum and see there are multiple threads with the same exact issue. This isnt new. 
Look, the Surge has a lot of great functions. The built in GPS works well But if I told you to pay me roughly $250 dollars for a years worth of time wearing a tracker, would you? Because if you buy a surge, thats the set of dice you're rolling. 
Once that years worth of warranty is up, they'll just offer you 25% off buying another tracker as recompense. And that one will be just as defective. This company has a real problem on their hands. You arent going to develop loyalty to a certain company in an greatly expanding field when the product you buy from them craps out on you months into owning it.
At least I wont be falling for that again.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @gjpelkey, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important for us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

See you around! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for responding, but my warranty expired in April. It's the reason they won't send me yet another replacement for my defective tracker.

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @gjpelkey! It's really helpful for us. Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team. 

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Please stop voting for this thread as though there has been an accepted solution. Fitbit knowingly sold me a defective high end tracker. You cannot come to any other conclusion given the threads in these forums. I feel like a sucker for buying this product and feel like Fitbit is ingnoring the issue and continues to list the product for sale on its site knowing it has a major band defect. And given it's one of the only trackers that you cannot change the band out, it's just as bad as a mechanical malfunction.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back! Sorry you feel that way, as mentioned before we don't want to create frustration to our users as we try to help each one of them. Your feedback is really appreciated, please let me know if I can help with with anything else!

See you around! Cat Happy

Best Answer

@gjpelkey If you search YouTube you will find "How to" videos for changing the Surge band. Amazon sells aftermarket bands that come with the torx driver for the screws. FitBit dropped the ball and the aftermarket picked it up. 

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Hi @VF31AE3 Thanks a million for the help! Hope to keep seeing you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer