Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCX export incomplete

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings,

I am trying to export a run activity, happened yesterday (the run) and the .tcx file incomplete. I does contain only the following data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<TrainingCenterDatabase xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/TrainingCenterDatabase/v2">
    <Activities>
        <Activity Sport="Running">

Is there any solution for this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Miklós, it's great to see you on the Forums, welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry here! In regards to the activity that you want export, I'd like to know how you track it. Are you using a third party app? Did you use the GPS option? Are you able to see this activity on your Dashboard?

The TCX format is a series of GPS trackpoints with other pieces of data attached to each trackpoint, so please confirm that your activity was tracked correctly.  If you are having problems with your GPS feature, I recommend restarting your Surge. The environment you are in can affect the signal strength of GPS. For example, if you are running in an urban environment with many tall buildings, it may take your Surge tracker several seconds to get a fix.

To learn more about using GPS on your Surge, visit our help page.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Miklós, it's great to see you on the Forums, welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry here! In regards to the activity that you want export, I'd like to know how you track it. Are you using a third party app? Did you use the GPS option? Are you able to see this activity on your Dashboard?

The TCX format is a series of GPS trackpoints with other pieces of data attached to each trackpoint, so please confirm that your activity was tracked correctly.  If you are having problems with your GPS feature, I recommend restarting your Surge. The environment you are in can affect the signal strength of GPS. For example, if you are running in an urban environment with many tall buildings, it may take your Surge tracker several seconds to get a fix.

To learn more about using GPS on your Surge, visit our help page.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hey @YojanaFitbit 🙂

I'm having a similar problem with my alta hr - I can see the activity in the dashboard, but when importing the TCX file, it's empty and looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<TrainingCenterDatabase xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/TrainingCenterDatabase/v2">
    <Activities>
        <Activity Sport="Other">
            <Id>2018-05-03T19:02:37.000+03:00</Id>
            <Creator xsi:type="Device_t" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                <UnitId>0</UnitId>
                <ProductID>0</ProductID>
            </Creator>
        </Activity>
    </Activities>
</TrainingCenterDatabase>

Is there anything I can do in order to download the full activity data?

Best Answer

Hi @shachar nice to see  you here! Sorry to hear that you're not able to see your complete information when importing your Fitbit files. Did you try the steps above? If so, please anwer those questions. All the information that you can share is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for checking.

Best Answer