Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded red light

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I've seen the posts of the red light on the face of the surge. I checked updates, restarted my surge, did a synch, still there. BUT... it's not just there, it's fading, going out, coming back on, getting brighter... seems to be a malfunction rather than an indicator that there's something I need to do?? Anyone having the same issue? I took a video of it to email to support...

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @Cissa32 please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! @dalenzia thanks for getting back.

@Cissa32 Thanks for posting  your experience with Fitbit Surge here. Have you tried to restart your Surge, sometimes it works. In the other hand, I already contacted our support team so they can check your options.

My condolences to you @dalenzia but even though you are going through a difficult time, you can achieve whatever you have in mind. Thanks for always sharing your thoughts.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Red light came on yesterday on my surge. How do I turnoff  the red light on my surge? 

Best Answer
I let the battery completely drain, let it sit for a few days and it eventually went out on its own. I hope this is the case for your watch as well.
Best Answer

Click the left button on the watch then go to “settings” click on shut down to turn it off. Follow the instructions it gives you. Give it a few minutes and then turn it back on. I think all you have to do is push one of the buttons. And then connect it to your computer, because the red light means it needs an update. My red light came on when we were on vacation out-of-state and I could not connect to my computer. 

Best Answer

Hi @Cissa32 and @dalenzia, thanks for sharing those steps with our new friend @Thankful2day! Welcome. Smiley Happy 

Thanks for let us know the difficulties that you're experiencing with your Surge! Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps. In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

7/22/18 - Dreaded red light on Surge.   Read all blog material but found no cure.  Set my surge aside for a couple of days and battery discharged (actually this was second time battery fully discharging, after origin of problem).  When I charged the Surge, the red light did not come on and has not returned after wearing for 12 hours,

Best Answer

Try plugging it in to your computer. There may be an update needed. It may be in need of an update. It’s been 2 yeas and I have not seen the red light return.
--
-Dawn Lenz

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your feedback @dalenzia and @Tedi123! I'm glad to see that you no longer have issues with the red light showing off. Since sometimes it get fixed by the software and some other not. Thanks for the workaround @Tedi123. It might be helpful to others.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey the same issue with me that’s the red light on the face. Tried reboot and re-pair with the phone but no luck. Need some help.....

Best Answer

I decided to hang up the Fitbit Surge. I got the inspire, and I got the
inspire HR for my daughter. So far so good I’m happy with it. You can’t
beat the cost. It is so much less than that crazily priced surge.

I decided to hang up the Fitbit Surge. I got the inspire, and the inspire HR for my daughter. So far so good I’m happy with it. You can’t beat the cost. It is so much less than that crazily priced surge.
--

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit display is also black and won't display anything.   The red light in the back is stuck on.  It won't sync and won't restart.  It vibrates when I press the button.  I think it is due to a bad software update.  I have tried all listed solutions without success, and now it is stuck unpaired and no display to view the pairing code.  Fitbit says the warranty is expired.  I have owned 4 fitbits and enjoyed having them,  but they have all had issues resulting in them being unusable.  I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in the product.   Hopefully potential customers become aware of the frequency of problems fitbit has.  Many others I know have also had many problems with fitbits and will not buy the brand anymore. 

Best Answer
I switched to the HR Inspire. Costs so much less, and is not so bulky.
There are accessories available to personalize it. I bought one for my
daughter. We both love it.
--
-Dawn Lenz
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip!  Unfortunately I don't think I will buy another FitBit brand.  They've had too many problems.

Best Answer

Right after my 1 year warranty was up it started having problems counting steps then it wouldn’t turn on. Now red light is showing and batter went from 100% to 80% in just 20 mins.  I contacted fit bit and since been a year and a month they will not do anything but offer a coupon for 25% off. Never again but another one . Too expensive to only have a year I swear they make them out to malfunction after a year to get you to buy new one.

Best Answer