Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the worst

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This watch is horrible. It decides not to sync for days on end. I bought it to curb my anxiety and help manage my life. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @KittyMidway  Fitbit Surge was retired over three years ago. It may need a firmware update, too. Much of the syncing problem is due to the phone's system you're using. Be sure you have the latest app for your phone and your phone is compatible.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@KittyMidway I love my Surge. I'm sorry your out of warranty antiquated tracker isn't functioning as optimally as desired. As you've shared it's a necessary tool for curbing your anxiety and improving life, have you had an opportunity to take a look into Fitbit's more current offerings that include warranty service? These solutions may put your mind at ease. 

Best Answer

I love Surge too!  I started with a ONE (my favorite because I could wear a regular watch) because it could be attached to my clothing. Then I lost it while traveling --- purchased an Inspire so that I still had the capability to count steps etc. In between -- I purchased a Surge for my outdoor hiking and other exercises. It still links to the system, but now I can't get GPS etc. features.  Planned obsolescence and the industry's desire to make you spend more money for features that may/may not be of interest.

Like I have said -- bring back the ONE and I would purchase it immediately plus a replacement for the Surge.  No need for a smart watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Penstemmon yes, the Surge is wonderful, I'm rocking with mine right now 🤗

it'd be great if people simply asked questions to garnish engagement from the community without threatening "I'm gonna leave Fitbit mommy waah" *(not in your post but a significant majority of ones lately) or pointing fingers at Fitbit for not supporting a tracker they've long discontinued. Planned obsolescence? 🙄 They're staying competitive with the market by providing new offerings, it's how things are and how they're going to be. Nobody sat in a board room conspiring for your tracker to glitch 5 years after it was discontinued. This forum is a great source of knowledge for keeping them running so we can keep running! That's sad you lost your One and hope you're happy with your Inspire! Inspire is a neat tracker and the only one currently offered by Fitbit that can be waist-worn in a case. I have a couple of Inspires, they're beautifully designed but aren't my vibe, so I use a refreshed Fitbit One 🤠

You can use both the Surge and One on the same account. You can purchase it immediately from http://bit.ly/fitbitoneblack and be enjoying it in a few days. Fitbit doesn't sell them directly anymore but many resellers do, some with brand new batteries, others, like the one I linked, with its original battery, working perfectly 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for taking the time to be so thoughtful in your response.
Best Answer
0 Votes