Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timezone not correct.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried it all other than uninstall still no luck. Very frustrating.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

If you could be a little more specific we might be able to help you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Going to the Timezone setting, switching it, then doing a sync doesn't work?
The other thing that have helped is to add your tracker as a replacement device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

If you could be a little more specific we might be able to help you.

Best Answer

Time zone remains at my home location and will not switch to where I am
automatically or manually no matter what I try

Have a good one!
Rick

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Going to the Timezone setting, switching it, then doing a sync doesn't work?
The other thing that have helped is to add your tracker as a replacement device.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @RJLP! Besides @Rich_Laue and @SunsetRunner's advices, you can also try the following: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

Hope this also helps! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only thing that works regularily is to uninstall the Surge and reinstall it.

@RJLP wrote:

I have tried it all other than uninstall still no luck. Very frustrating.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set the timezone to manual.

Make sure it is correct

log out/in on the app

Check timezone

Symc tracker.

You say the only thing that works is to go through setup. Next tome do a replace tracker.

If I tests between the lines I think your saying you can get the timezone setup, but then it doesn't stay correct. Requiring to do this maybe daily.

Best Answer

Hi 

I tried these steps as you requested and it has not worked. Recently traveled and now stuck one hour behind EST. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brazilsoccerfan since your new to this thread, and it doesn't sound like the problem your encountering is being discussed... Not sure what steps you have tried.

The way most people get there time back is to go to the device settings, then press the "+" to add a tracker. Now chose the replace the Blaze, you will be adding three Blaze as a replacement to itself.

Best Answer

I have tried everything suggested except for uninstall and nothing has worked. I traveled three time zones west and when I got there, my Surge reset itself fine. But after two weeks, when I returned, it will not reset. I am leaving tomorrow to go west one time zone and will return in a week. It will be interesting to see what it does.

This is an issue that really does need to be resolved by the company, since it seems to be happening to a lot of travelers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Student4ever Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Sorry for the delayed response! Try these troubleshooting steps I discovered! It works fine for this kind of cases and should fix the time zone problem you are experiencing. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Should this solve the problem with an android too?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitdude have you tried? Some have found that if they set the timezone through the web settings, then sync theory k the phone it will work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I have found changing my time at the Airport to my destination time zone works but you must of course remember you have done it... (dam near missed my flight one morning when I was being a little dozy!)

I now take it off once I am on the aircraft if it is not reflecting my destination time and put on a watch.

Again, not convenient and certainly a pain but I like everything else about the Surge so will continue with it until it breaks down.  Its replacement will depend on what is available and whether or not this has finally been fixed along with the lact of any more than four choices for "clockface" something that was promised long ago but still not here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@RJLP that sounds like a good idea, your able to control when the time is art you don't want it to jump forward across midnite, plus normally once I'm on the airport the time at the destination is really all that's needed. This is especially when crossing 3-5 timezones, at the speed a plane goes at your timezone changes frequenrly
Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone time zone changed automatically a week agonwhen we came home but fitbit hasn't changed....now it says clock error..go to fitbit app and try another clock.....Don't know any other clocks on my fitbit ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into the fitbit @Katedid1953 set the timezone to manual, sync, then set it to auto and sync once more. 

If this doesn't correct the time. Set the timezone to the wrong location, sync, then set it correctly and sync once again. This usually fixes this time issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes