Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does pace mean?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What does pace mean? Please define the term. Is the pace per mile or per minute. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Never mind about this question. I think I discovered my mistake. I thought a number like 24' 12" per mi referred to feet and inches. Apparently it means minutes and seconds. That makes sense and clears up the confusion.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6
Never mind about this question. I think I discovered my mistake. I thought a number like 24' 12" per mi referred to feet and inches. Apparently it means minutes and seconds. That makes sense and clears up the confusion.
Best Answer

Thanks for your question and answer. I was having the same question. I didn't even think of ' and " meaning minutes and seconds. I was think "what is this? 22ft 6inchs a min"? Now ' and " for minutes and seconds does make sense to me since I use those as a method to show mins and secs in Longitude and latitude but I don't understand why Fitbit didn't just use 22:06. 

Best Answer

I thought the same.

So the Avg.Pace seems logic for me now but I'm still wondering about high pace.

I did 1.99KM and it took 12minutes and 31 seconds (beginner).

= Avg.Pace: 6'13"

= High Pace: 4'23" best.

Can someone explain what high pace is, do I want it to be a high number? Just like I want the average to be low?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@loski   Your high pace is your fastest pace.  So, of course, it will be the lowest reported pace in your stats.  It would have nice if Fitbit listed this as fastest pace.  I don't know about you, but I use the term fast-paced to describe things, not high-paced.  Apparently, the two terms are synonymous. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks.

Why I guessed what I did was because my worse runs had better High Pace.

Then I realized that those times I have tried to run fast, lost energy and walked much more instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrote wrong. I meant that on my worse end-results usually had much lower high pace. Therefore I was confused, then I realized that I was the sprinting that made the energy ran out and I walked more.

Wish we could edit our posts instead of having to write new ones. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes