Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp notifications on IOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When will this feature and email notifications be available? Thanks
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@Javiersmpr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Regarding your inquiry about Whatsapp notifications, I'd like to share this help article that will help you to enable the text, call notifications so you can receive them on your phone.

The email notifications feature hasn't been added yet. However, you can submit this request in our "Feature Request" board and people that like your idea, can vote for your suggestion. The more people vote for your suggestion, the more chances it will get to be applied.

Hope this helps my friend. Keep me posted if you need more help! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Thanks Juanjo but you do not say anything about Whatsapp. Any news? Thanks,
--
Javier Sanchez-Marco

Moderator Edit: Personal Info

Best Answer

No. Text/iMessage only (I.e. Standard iOS message app). Nothing about changing this has ever been even hinted at.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I changed from my Xiaomi Band 2 to a Fitbit Alta. Even Apple Watch has Whatapps notification now. Pls have Whatapps notification feature. J 

Best Answer

Hey, hey, @AdrianH! Thanks for being here. We do have the option now with our new trackers, like the Charge 2 and the Blaze, this also depends on what mobile device you are using. 

Let me know if you have questions on how to set them up and what device will you use for this.

Keep me updated! Robot tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi,

Didn't realize this.

Just bought a brand new Alta last month.

Tks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please. Can you outline the steps of setting up the Charge 2 with email and Whats App on iOS as the thread suggests. 

Also, mods have a dirty habit of deleting questions and comments that prove downfalls in their product...Like my previous comment - Thanks guys. 

Best Answer

[MESSAGE REMOVED]

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did for Blaze, but not for Surge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, sorry about that 😞 I realized that this wasn't the thread for the Blaze right after I sent it, and I couldn't find a way to delete the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is not for Blaze but Surge
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, I noticed later that I wrote in the wrong thread.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not quite right about Apple because I bought an Apple Watch Nike Series 2 last week but returned it by the weekend because it doesn't get whatsapp notifications (and because it doesn't get Facebook notifications). So if the Blaze does indeed support Whatsapp messages, I will definitely consider purchasing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeFitbit wrote:

Hey, hey, @AdrianH! Thanks for being here. We do have the option now with our new trackers, like the Charge 2 and the Blaze, this also depends on what mobile device you are using. 

Let me know if you have questions on how to set them up and what device will you use for this.

Keep me updated! Robot tongue

Hi, I just brought a Fitbit charge 2, can share on how to enable WhatsApp notifications on iPhone 7?

Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hey, @Marcusnges! Welcome to the Forums! Please confirm that you have followed these steps to get your notifications enabled. 

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

@SolangeFitbit wrote:

Hey, @Marcusnges! Welcome to the Forums! Please confirm that you have followed this steps to get your notifications enabled. 

Let me know how it goes!

@hi @SolangeFitbit,

i have allow the notification both my iPhone and Fitbit. So far I can only receive notifications on phone call and SMS but not WhatsApp. Is there any other settings I need to check or WhatsApp notifications is not supported on Charge 2?

Thanks. 

Best Answer

I just bought the Alta HR, and was thinking on retiring my Apple Watch and use the Alta HR along with the other traditional watches that I have, but the functions that I use the most on the Apple Watch is the Activiy (that I believe the FitBit is better) and the WhatsApp notifications... 

Is it real that the notifications on the Alta HR only shows calls, calendar and text messages???!!! 

Why don't you guys update the Alta HR to get other notifications like the other devices you mentioned???!!!

Best Answer

Waiting on that too. The Fitbit products that have "smart" notifications handle at most, calls, texts and calendar events. Considering texts are like 18th century, I hope that a company wanting to drive the future of health technology soon adapts to the trend and integrates notifications from other applications as well. Technically it's not difficult at all and they already do it on the Blaze.

Check this thread to vote for this feature on the Surge

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Notifications-Whatsapp-Facebook-Mail/idi-p/12226...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my friends, @Marcusnges@RicardoSR@KapppaSmiley Very Happy You can have Calls, texts, calendar events or Whatsapp notifications for Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Alta HR, and Fitbit Charge 2. Keep in mind that the Whatsapp feature hasn't been fully realized, you have tho choose between the Whatsapp notifications or Call and Text notifications. 

I recommend to take a look at this article for more information.

Let me know if you have more questions. 🙂

Best Answer