Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp notifications on IOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When will this feature and email notifications be available? Thanks
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
No.

Still no Whatapps notification for Fitbit Alta.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @SolangeE

Can you verify that I am now able to have Whatsapp notifications to my Iphone (IOS) when using Alta HR? As you said in your previous post "You can have Calls, texts, calendar events or Whatsapp notifications for Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Alta HR, and Fitbit Charge 2"
You recommended to have a look at an article  helping us to enable those notifications. Yet, in the article it states: 
Fitbit Alta
Fitbit Alta HR
Fitbit Charge 2  Calls, texts, and calendar events.

So who to believe now?  And do you happen to have step by step instructions how to enable Whatsapp notifications on IOS device? Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, hey, @yasse@AdrianH! It is nice to see you. I am sorry for the confusion. The Whatsapp notifications is currently available for Charge 2 just for Android users. Here are the steps to do it using your mobile device:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon shown below:User-added image
  2. Tap your tracker's name.
  3. Tap Notifications.
  4. Check the box for Fitbit Notification Service and tap OK. 
  5. Confirm which apps should send notifications to your tracker. For example if you'd rather see text messages from What's App than Messenger, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose one app per category.) Fitbit WhatsApp.png

@AdrianH, at the moment Whatsap notifications are not available for the Alta, however you can have Calls, texts, and calendar events. I also recommend voting for this idea so that we have more options for all platforms soon. 

Let me know if you have more questions! 🙂

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@SolangeE do you have any estimations when will you be able to enable 3rd party notifications on Alta HR on IOS ?

Thanks,

yasse

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @yasse! It is nice to see you. This implementation if they were to take place, they need to be first testes thoroughly by our engineers to ensure their efficiency at 100%. this is why we don't have an estimate if or when this will be implemented. Just keep an eye on it.

See you around. Cat Tongue

Best Answer

@SolangeFitbit wrote:

Hey, @yasse! It is nice to see you. This implementation if they were to take place, they need to be first testes thoroughly by our engineers to ensure their efficiency at 100%. this is why we don't have an estimate if or when this will be implemented. Just keep an eye on it.

See you around. Cat Tongue

If you allow me a little sarcasm: Has to be a real thorough testing, as Fitbit states to be working on the iPhone implementation since 1.5 years. Honestly, I am not too optimistic that we will ever see WhatsApp notifications on the iPhone with certain fitbit devices, like the charge 2. 

Best Answer

Hey there, @FlorianR! Welcome to the Forums! Heart Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the process and your feedback. This motivates us and helps us improve to give you a better experience as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Man Happy

Best Answer

Does Charge 2 support Whatsapp notification on iOS?

Best Answer

Hey there, @wendyyitCat Tongue Thanks for joining the family! At the moment the Whatsap notifications are only available with Android devices. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, we'll notify you of any news! Heart

Best Answer

Is it al already working? 

Best Answer

No!!! Just bought one (charge2), didnt know WhatsApp doesnt work with IOS... So i'm sad!!

Best Answer

My very last hope (a very very weak one though) would be that we get notifications with iOS 11. Otherwise I am really happy with my fitbit, but not having notifications on iOS more and more pushes me to other manufacturers...

Best Answer
Totally Agree.

Whatapps being the most popular and used messaging software now & Fitbit being the most worn fitness tracker.

This is such a pity!
Best Answer

This is a complete joke. Replaced a cheapo fitness tracker with an expensive Alta HR today only to find that I can't get my Messenger or WhatsApp notifications as I did before, which is the main value for me in having notifications on a tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to have notification of WhatsApp in iOS too

Best Answer

hi

why is the IOS app so far behind the android app bearing in mind there are approximately 1billion apple users in the world

you have advised that we need to vote for this feature but surely that is a given.  when will this be added?

I have an iphone 7 and a charge 2 but still cannot get what's app messages and it doesn't give me the option to set this up, only txt messages.  has this feature been added yet like it has for Android.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

That is actually not true, there has not been an implementation of this option.

Best Answer

What do people have to do to get WhatsApp messages if they have iPhones? It's cheaper to buy a new activity tracker than to change phones! Several people have asked for it yet you ignore them. I have a charge2 like my friend but she has an android phone and receives WhatsApp messages 

Best Answer

This is really really  really disappointing that Fitbit HR doesn't support 3rd party notification for Whatsapp. Had just bought it yesterday and feel regretted buying. The specification provided online didn't specify FITBIT HR doesn't support 3td party app.  DON'T assume TEXT/MESSAGE means all notifications alert

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Man Happy Thanks for being part of the Community and sharing your thoughts with us! 

We are always working to get new updates and features for you to have a better experience, however the Whatsap notification for iOS is currently only available with the Blaze. 

I'll post any news or updates regarding this matter in this thread, thanks for your patience and understanding. 🙂

Best Answer