Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't stop vibrating while charging :(

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge starts vibrating endlessly after it's fully charged. This results in a falsely high step count when I take it off the charger. So if I leave it on the charger overnight, I wake up at 6am showing 10 miles logged! This has been driving me nuts for over 6 mos now. I've restarted many times, but without any success. Does anyone know of a sure fix? Or will Fitbit fix the issue even though it's out of warranty?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

They are not repairable.

Why would you live with it for 6 months? Why not contact support when it started and then you would of gotten a replacement.

Sounds like its out of warranty now. But contact support and see what they can do for you

Use the Help at the top of the forum to contact them

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Mine just recently started doing the same thing after about two years of ownership.

@SoCalSoChill wrote:

My Surge starts vibrating endlessly after it's fully charged. This results in a falsely high step count when I take it off the charger. So if I leave it on the charger overnight, I wake up at 6am showing 10 miles logged! This has been driving me nuts for over 6 mos now. I've restarted many times, but without any success. Does anyone know of a sure fix? Or will Fitbit fix the issue even though it's out of warranty?

Best Answer

@Roscoe1955@SoCalSoChill Try draining the battery to zero (about 24 hours after display goes blank). Then recharge and restart. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
I've had mine for a little over two ears too. Im sure Fitbit is well aware
of the issue, but since this model has been discontinued we're out of luck.
Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @SoCalSoChill, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Sorry about what happened to your Surge band. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and I've requested a new case for you. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

I'd also like to clarify that Fitbit hasn't release any information about discontinuing existing trackers. To avoid any confusion or getting exited about early releases please confirm any information in our Fitbit.com official page.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you at least for a response. I am doing partial charges to get me
thru one day at a time for now.

I am doing partial charges to get by one day at a time for now . Thanks
for the reply.

Best Answer

Hi @Roscoe1955! Thanks for the heads up. It's great to have you here! Smiley Happy

Our good friend @VF31AE3 has offered you a good piece of advise, but if you continue having this type of issues you might find this steps helpful; in case you don't please let me know so I can get in touch with our Support Team. They will be glad to help.

I'll be around!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yojana, 

my Surge just started this in the last week. Can you open a case with the support team for me as well. 

I’ll try draining the battery completely as well. 

I did notice the battery life has steadily decreased over the last month. I used to be able to go three days without a charge. Now I have to charge it almost daily. 

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Hassancohen, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for confirming this information!  I've created a Support Case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Surge started doing exactly the same about 2 weeks ago. Now I couldn't charge it overnight next to my bed because it would wakes me up at night when it was fully charged.

I also noticed that the battery lasts much shorter than before. I was planning to change the battery and the wrist band myself, but if the vibrating won't stop, I may not change it at all. 

Thanks!

Ron

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support and they sent me a replacement Surge. The new one works great!

Regards,

Hassan C

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @ograf2, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks for your help @Hassancohen. Woman Happy

Sorry about what happened to your Surge band. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our support geam and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Good to hear that you got help from our team @Hassancohen.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes