Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rowing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a question about the possibility of extending the Surge of rowing as an independent option. Is the software update is so complicated that despite the many voices of users of your products you are not able to program updates containing rowing? Half-measures proposed by your employees on the forum (circuit training, etc.) Are imprecise and inadequate to the actual burning of calories, and Not relevant in relation to this particular training load. Please let me know if this update is being prepared? By the way, I am satisfied with my Surge, I miss just rowing :).
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @SebaPoland! Like you, many other members have voiced this idea out in our Feature Requests Forum for you to vote on. At this time you can currently manually log both "Rowing" and "Rowing Machine", but they do not take Heart Rate into consideration. 

Giving your vote on our Feature Request Boards will increase the possibilities of getting this workout added as a Surge Shortcut since it's the best place to get the attention of our developers. 

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the forums @SebaPoland! Like you, many other members have voiced this idea out in our Feature Requests Forum for you to vote on. At this time you can currently manually log both "Rowing" and "Rowing Machine", but they do not take Heart Rate into consideration. 

Giving your vote on our Feature Request Boards will increase the possibilities of getting this workout added as a Surge Shortcut since it's the best place to get the attention of our developers. 

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Hi, not residing decision-making process in your company but it surprises me need to "pay attention to your programmers." Typically, the implementation of the assumptions in the company is the result of a command official, but ok, maybe with you it's different. Manual setting of rowing without reading the pulse and the correlation with the burning of calories does not make sense. I'll wait for an update, if developers take care of it. Regards.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information. 

Best Answer

I too would like to see a rowing option for the Fitbit Surge. Rowing is my number one activity and makes up the overwhelming majority of my cardio workouts. It is also one of the most complete forms of exercise in the world and now with ergs in gyms and homes training is not restricted to outdoors and water.

Best Answer
We have similar expectations from the tracker, puzzling is the presence of the less popular and less efficient disciplines, such as yoga or even a walk and missing very effective rowing. We count on that, "developers will pay attention to us" .. :). Regards
Best Answer
Hello everyone interested in the subject of exercise on a rowing machine. Unfortunately, I have not received a specific answer when we will extend the capabilities of the tracker rowing machine. In contrast, I received detailed instructions what to do, so this option was not I need ... :). Anyway, thank you all for your interest and conversation - especially Fatima with the service, the extensive instructions :). I greet all using the Fitbit products. See you at training.
Best Answer

Rowing is my main form of cardio and would love to see my Versa 2 updated to include rowing as one of the preferred exercises! 

Best Answer
Me too it why I no longer use Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Rowing machines are used in most gyms, in every rowing club (mine has over 20) and many rowers have them at home.

Fitbit is almost useless to rowers for one of their most important elements of training.

Please press to add rowing as a sport.

Best Answer

I don't understand the lack of rowing.  Why is Fitbit so far behind the competition?

Best Answer