Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s8 wont send notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My surge will sync my steps to my galaxy s8 plus but my s8 will not send notifications to my surge.  Anyone else having issues

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I'm having the same issue...I've tried quite a few things recommended on other threads to no avail.

@Stephanie13 wrote:

My surge will sync my steps to my galaxy s8 plus but my s8 will not send notifications to my surge.  Anyone else having issues

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Cannot get me notifications from my S8+. Please help!

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my surge and s8+. Hopefully they will come out with a fix soon.

Best Answer

I have the small version Samsung  S8 and cant get text or call notifications but it does sync. I have tried turning on and off all settings and rebooting both devices and nothing is working...please help.

Best Answer

Hi @Stephanie13@Gooner4Life@Lisarr1129@MtnBiker22 and @MLZ1001Glad to see you on board! Woman Very Happy

Thanks for sharing your comments. This specific model or the Samsung family is not in the list of compatible devices with Fitbit. Smiley Embarassed

So, if you're trying to connect with your Fitbit you might be having some issues, same thing happened to me, I have a phone that is very recent so is not in the list either. I've been having issues syncing and with my text and call messages for a while so what I did is try to "Force quit" the Fitbit App. And I noticed that my tracker syncs every time I do that. It syncs for call and text notifications too. But you'll have to try, as for better practices it's best to sync with a different device or computer. When it is not a compatible device it might sync but we can't assure it will be working flawless. As you noticed with the notifications.

I'd recommend, turn off the Bluetooth and the "All day Sync" in your Fitbit App and sync manually with the option "Sync now". But notifications won't be connecting  since they work with the "All day Sync" option. 

Give it a shot and let me know if that works in the meantime! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry but did you read the posts?  Like my surge these phones ARE syncing data for heartrate steps etc.  They are NOTgetting notifications and messages!

Your answer is NO answer...

Best Answer

Hi @tloker, I'm glad to see your face in the Forums! Sorry for the typo! Cat Embarassed

Thanks to your comment I've clarified my previous statement to make my point. But when I was talking about syncing I also meant for call and text notification too. One thing that helps compatible phones running Android 6.0 or above to get notifications on Fitbit Surge is checking permissions and location services settings. Also you can try the troubleshooting steps to help Fitbit Surge to receive call and text messages. Always keeping in mind that when it is not a compatible device it hard to get all features to work properly.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My question is when is fitbit going to allow charge 2 to sync for notifications. I wish I never upgraded and kept the old one. It's just the same and disappointing since the s8+ has been out for some time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @Bbc19! Welcome to the Family! Woman Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry. Sorry you have no option to receive notification from S8+. Our team is working hard on update our list of supported devices, I don't have an specif time frame to give you but we're taking your feedback. I wish to have another option to help you out but at this moment we can only wait. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for your understanding, and thanks again for your participation in the community!

See you around! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the feedback hopefully it will work soon. Look forward to full
use of my fitbit.
Best Answer

Hi @Bbc19! Totally understandable, as this is a very useful feature! Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips.

This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it's October and I just upgraded to the surge for the reason to be able to get notifications for texts and calls. It shows my galaxy s8 in the compatible phone, so what is the deal? Did I blow $190 to a tracker that doesn't work!? Shame on you! Get this FIXED!

Best Answer

Same problem here with my Surge and my Galaxy S8, which is not sending notifications...

Can you give me an idea when this big problem will be solved, please???

Thanks and regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Manfrini_Brasil and @Joker420, hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities!

We apologize for all inconvenience you're having connecting notifications with your Galaxy S8, if you already tried these steps to troubleshoot the issue; feel free to subscribe to this thread: Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. So you can get any update related to this topic. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also just upgraded to the galaxy s8 and now my charge hr also can't receive texts or call notifications. But it will sync my steps and sleep data.  This sucks,  I use this feature for work, when I can't get to my phone. Please fix this soon. 

Best Answer

You need to go to your fitbit app and enable texting through your message app... Messenger, snapchat ect. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

20180907_000008.jpg

20180907_000025.jpg

20180907_000040.jpg

20180907_000110.jpg

Try following these steps  

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer

Hi @KandiLA, nice to see you on the Forums! Thanks for those tips and for attaching those pictures for Ionic users @Joker420Smiley Happy

I'd like to share some information about notification. As you can see in this chart, Fitbit Charge HR has the option to receive only call notification. Do yo have any other Fitbit device to check the notification options?

notifications.PNG

You can see all the details in this article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

If you have question about it, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks joker420, for the help, I did the following previous to your post.  Unfortunately it still didn't work. Still much appreciated.  Oops,  I have a Fitbit charge hr 2.

But, I just when back through all the settings and found I still had my old fitbit on the app and it was still syncing, turn it off and just like that I got my notifications. Thanks again. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @KandiLA. I'm glad to see that you are getting the notifications now. Let us know if you need anything else.

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes