Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 2/1/2018: We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports!

Hi Strava users- I've merged a few posts together. We are aware that the integration between Strava and Fitbit is currently down and hope to have this resolved shortly. I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. Thanks very much for your patience!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

I've got a missing ride from yesterday afternoon and a missing run from this morning.

I've already tried re-authorising via https://strava.fitbit.com/

The run on the Fitbit app only shows 20 minutes of activity though I know with 100% certainty it was just over 30 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

I regret to inform you that I am again experiencing syncing issues. After I had previously reported using strava.fitbit.com to reestablish sync, the run from Sunday as well as another from Monday night were able to sync. Today's run (Tuesday) again failed to sync and after waiting several hours I tried strava.fitbit.com again, and then your instructions to revoke permissions. Neither worked, but now the strava.fitbit.com website is no longer asking me to reenter both site's login and passwords. It prompts me to click through two information pages and takes me to the desktop Fitbit dashboard. I did a quick walk to test the sync again about 10 minutes ago and again there was no sync.

I'm using the Fitbit Blaze. All the runs I mentioned having trouble with synced normally with the Fitbit app.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Issues came back...AGAIN.  Synced yesterday morning's ride.  Yesterday evening's has not.  Nor has this mornings.  No 500 Error, it claims to be synced.  Even when I've revoked and resynced last night.  I am now trying again to revoke/resync and I can't even get to the settings page on the Fitbit website.

I am done with Fitbit.  I am seriously looking into Garmin Vivosmart or Vivofit (closest to Alta HR).

Best Answer

There recently was an update to the Fitbit OS, which may have resulted in activities not syncing with Strava.  My run this morning is showing up just fine on Fitbit, but there's not a peep on Strava.  I also could not get them to play nice and connect by going to the strava.fitbit.com site.  So it looks like we'll have to wait for the developers to get things straight.

Ionic / Aria / retired Surge / retired Blaze / a few more retired Fitbits / three failed Nike Fuel Bands
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just one of a number of issues I've had with Fitbit.  I've dealt with it mostly because I like the Alta HR, and it hasn't been that bothersome.  What I can't stand is when the sync link does start working again (after a 500 error has been corrected), rides get lost, and I have to input them manually.  It appears that data is lost in translation this way, versus when the sync happens.

Overall Fitbit isn't terribly responsive to their customer base, and doesn't seem to take their wants/desires/input with any earnest interest when it comes to desired features, software interface, etc.

Best Answer
Strava is still not picking up my fitbit activity! 🙁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just reporting that both missing runs synced as of ~30 minutes ago. If I continue to have problems I will report back. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see my missing run sync’d but not the missing ride. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case I have noticed now that runs are syncing but not rides.

My ride from Wednesday is still missing.

Run from Thursday sync'd.

Ride from Friday not sync'd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to manually put in rides that were missing.  Yesterday afternoon's rides home synced, but not the morning ride in nor the afternoon ride home from Wednesday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit and Strava are not syncing.  I believe this issue is reported as solved - any advice on how to sort this out?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit pulled Thursday bike ride from Strava, eventually:

- ride finished just before 5pm

- still not in Fitbit several hours later

- ride in Fitbit dashboard this morning at 6am

Prior to the ride I revoked access on both Fitbit and Strava, and then setup sync again using strava.fitbit.com

Fitbit still hasn't pulled my Wednesday bike ride.

The other MAJOR annoyance is that Fitbit strips out Strava calorie estimate, and uses a broken Fitbit calorie estimator based on speed. That means Fitbit over-estimates calories on my local training rides, and under-estimates calories on weekend rides in foothills and mountains. The workaround is to have Garmin push ride to Endomondo, and Endomondo push ride to Fitbit.

I rarely use Endomondo anymore, and would prefer to use Fitbit's official Strava sync, and I continue to hold out hope that Fitbit will update so-called "open API" to allow importing GPS and HR. How is Fitbit API open if you can't import GPS and HR? And can't export non-GPS activities? 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still missing my run from Wednesday night.  I've tried the fixes a couple of time with no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I connected to strava today however no activity from fitbit syncs.

Does the sync happen at the end of the day?  What am I doing wrong?

The website on both ends say they are connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine finally connected woohoo!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still only syncing runs.

I had to manually add the missing Wednesday and Friday rides, but my Saturday morning run sync'd.

Will see what happens tomorrow morning with my ride.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There’s a known issue with fitbit syncing to strava. Apparently they’re working on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit app and strava is still not fixed for me unfortunately, its still not syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine neither and this is getting ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes