Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 2/1/2018: We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports!

Hi Strava users- I've merged a few posts together. We are aware that the integration between Strava and Fitbit is currently down and hope to have this resolved shortly. I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. Thanks very much for your patience!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

@LurchZA, @bbarrera, @Lisas1202 unfortunately, some of the recordings during the outage may not sync. 

@SunsetRunner, @Mandymo@shirken@LurchZA@mollyandagnes The issue should be resolved. Have you tried unlinking the connection from both Fitbit and Strava and linking again? If it's still not syncing correctly let me know.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit this was working until yesterday afternoon, but I see my run this morning has not sync'd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i am still not able to sync with strava it shows on Fitbit but it won’t transfer over still

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LurchZA@Negy67 sorry to hear this. Have you tried revoking access in your application settings pairing again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, still doesn’t work.
It worked when I first got in.
Am I doing it right, do I need to take my mobile with my Fitbit charge 2 when I exercise for it to sync.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Negy67 you would need your phone, Strava will only sync GPS related activities. Charge 2 has connected GPS that requires the phone. For more information, check out this article

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit I did try unpairing and pairing again without success.

My Blaze seems to have updated to a new version of firmware (based on how the run data looks on the watch face - it used to have time and distance together and now it has steps at the bottom and you have to switch to see time and distance which is annoying but that is a whole other discussion).

I put in another run this morning and I think the actual problem is it's not picking up the GPS data.

I have no map display of where I ran, and I specifically ran through an area I know loses GPS coverage and normally you get a message popping up saying in red saying "kilometers" when it loses GPS and I didn't get that.

Just to state the obvious, I did have my phone with me.

Blaze firmware version: 8.402.1

iOS app version: 2.45 (741) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add to my last post, I cycled yesterday and that sync'd and has the GPS data.

I'm fairly certain the runs are not using GPS data at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my runs from today & yesterday have not synced with strava can you help?

Best Answer

My rides have been syncing since the issue has allegedly been corrected.  Only new ones. I had to manually put in the ones from before the correction. However, there is quite a delay, bordering on hours. 

Best Answer

I only set it up last week.  My first run synced no problem but yesterday morning & this mornings run, nothing! 

Best Answer

Third run this week that hasn’t synced with strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahFC does your run show the GPS data?

I'm convinced that missing GPS data is the problem in my case because my cycling sync's and has the data, runs don't sync and that data is not showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finished a run at 6pm pst, synced through my app, see GPS data through the dashboard, but hasn’t Sync’d to Strava 2 hours later. Why is this so unreliable and delayed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, My surge will not sync with Strava again this morning. I did a 5K run and it shows on fitbit but then won't sync. I have disconnected and reconnected both accounts....

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! 4 runs this week, this mornings has synced with gps data, the only 1 

annoying as I am now having to set strava & my Fitbit when I go for a run!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

FitBit has not been uploading/connecting to Strava for me all week, up and including just now. FitBit to the FitBit website works fine but no automated upload to strava. Nothing has been resolved. Have reconnected the apps as well without success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

i have run twice this morning. One synced after an hour, the other hasn't after two hours. GPS data on both runs visible in Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tornados800@SarahFC@Liamkirkham@MMILTON1@LurchZA what type of tracker and mobile device are you using? Like @LurchZA mentioned, perhaps GPS is not connecting and therefore not transferring? 

You can check out GPS troubleshoots here, @Traveladdict there are some suggestions for Surge as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes