Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities stopped synching to Runkeeper

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I have linked my Fitbit and Runkeeper accounts, and never encountered any problems, until about two weeks ago. Suddenly my activities aren't synched to Runkeeper anymore. 

After a walk or a run I used to be able to see that activity in Runkeeper almost immediately after only having to synchronize my device to the Fitbit app. But any activity after July 19th just doesn't show up in Runkeeper! I have already tried unlinking and linking the accounts multiple times but nothing seems to work. 

Is this a bug in an update or what's happening?

Please fix this!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well look at that! My cycling exercise just came through as well!

Apparently indeed the problem is fixed. Yay!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hi!

I have linked my Fitbit and Runkeeper accounts, and never encountered any problems, until about two weeks ago. Suddenly my activities aren't synched to Runkeeper anymore. 

After a walk or a run I used to be able to see that activity in Runkeeper almost immediately after only having to synchronize my device to the Fitbit app. But any activity after July 19th just doesn't show up in Runkeeper! I have already tried unlinking and linking the accounts multiple times but nothing seems to work. 

Is this a bug in an update or what's happening?

Please fix this!

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Hoping this can be fixed soon!

Best Answer

Just saw that there has been an update of the Fitbit app on the 23rd of July; exactly when the problem started. No way that's a coincidence.

So ... Fitbit, whatever you did please undo it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem...

last run on 28 Jul was properly sync-ed over to Runkeeper. today's (31 Jul) run wasn't...

Best Answer

So your Fitbit app was probably updated between the 28th and today. 

In the description of the latest version it said "bug fixes" but I'm pretty sure they've also introduced at least one new bug...

Best Answer

anyone from Fitbit? any solution?

Best Answer

Fitbit replied now that I should try disconnecting and reconnecting my Runkeeper and Fitbit accounts (which I've already tried several times). 

So it seems they have no idea about this. 

I would encourage everyone else with this issue to contact Fitbit support directly. I've told them that others have reported the same issue here on this message board, but contacting them directly might carry more weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that tip!

But how do you contact them directly? They always refer to these message boards...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the email form ( https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs )

I was hoping to get some response here on the message board but so far nothing has happened....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!

I'll send them an email too. Hopefully they'll start showing signs of life soon. 

Best Answer

On the positive side: I received an email with an answer.

Unfortunately, the email only contained instructions on how to link a Fitbit account to a Runkeeper account. (Which has never been a problem). So yeah, not really getting anywhere.

Best Answer

I will chime in with the same issue. My feed is showing sleep, steps etc but the activities have stopped showing up in my runkeeper feed.

I have disconnected the two accounts and joined the again with no change.

Right now I am exporting the TCX file from fitbit and importing into runkeeper to get my activities

cheers

Best Answer

That's what I'm doing as well but it's an unnecessary workaround. 

Fitbit should just fix this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues, it's just activities that are not syncing. I've tried reconnecting various time (through app, through web) and others things like sleep and steps per day do come through, but activities do not.

Would be nice if there would be at least some acknowledgement of this issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed I am having the same issue as well.  How do I export my fitbit runs to a file to import into runkeeper?  And if I do so is runkeeper smart enough to know to only import the runs that have not shown up since this bug in late July?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Berend right, it would be nice if someone from Fitbit would let us know that they're working on it at least.

@stpinterrain the way to do it is as follows:

-  Go to the Fitbit website, either on a pc or your phone, as long as it's in a browser, not the Fitbit app.

- In the dashboard, go to Recent Exercise and open the exercise you want to export. You have to do this for each exercise separately.

- When you've opened the exercise, in the top right corner there's a button with three dots. Click or tap on it and a drop down menu opens. Select "Export as TCX File."

- Go to the Runkeeper website (again: on your PC or phone as long as it's a browser and not the app). In the top bar, click on Log, with the green plus sign. Select the type of exercise it was, click on Next and then from the bottom bar select "Upload map".

- Upload the TCX file you've just downloaded, and wait for it to load up to the website. You can see when it's done when your map and stats appear on the right side of the screen. Click Next, and add or adjust any stats you want. I always enter the number of calories burned because that's not imported with the TCX file so I look it up in the Fitbit app and enter it manually.

- Click Save. And that's it!

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow thank you for the fast reply (fitbit do you see how fast your users reply?  where are you fitbit?) & all the info.  Extremely annoying though.  Especially since the TCX files don't have the date associated with them, so I have to know which one I export to match it up to the right day during import.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stpinterrain  You're welcome!

But the TCX files you export from Fitbit do have the date and time somewhere inside; whenever I upload a file to Runkeeper as I described above, it automatically fills in the date and time that the exercise started. So that should work.

Another workaround is when you do this on a pc, you can name the TCX file, and then I name it 190806run for example. That way you know which is which.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I was trying to bulk upload them, which that didn't like & it didn't drop in the dates.  Once I stopped trying to bulk upload it did include the dates.  Hopefully fitbit fixes this soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes