Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to integrate with Polar beat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm aware that Polar Beat is not listed as a partner/compatible app so I would like to know what are my choices here in order to sync the data coming from my Polar H7 sensor (chest strap) to FitBit's service. The reason is that I use that chest strap to monitor my heart rate during my weight lifting sessions. (although I'm enjoying the FitBit Blaze, there is no way I can avoid using that chest strap for this kind of activity as it's way more accurate)

What are my options here? I know Fitbit supports a lot of different apps/services. All I want to know is an app/service that is compatible with FitBit and that I could use to collect that heart rate information from my chest strap, so I could easily integrate that information into my Blaze.

Does any of those apps that appear listed in FitBit's website (https://www.fitbit.com/ca/partnership) support weight training and a Bluetooth sensor? Or is there any workaround I could use to publish that data from an external service into FitBit's service?

On a side note I tried to use the Strava app to do that for me (as it already works with my chest strap this would be perfect to collect that data) but it looks like that if I set the sport as "Weight Training" in Strava then it won't sync with my FitBit. If I do the same and set the sport as "Walk", "Ride" or "Run" then it will sync properly. Does that proceed? Will FitBit always ignore Strava activities not listed under those 3 categories?

Thank you,

Nicholas

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Good to see you around @npufal. The most common option is Strava but activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava, which essentially is what you need for your chest strap.

I've noticed some posts where users talk about Digifit but according to the information of this API it tracks workouts indoors with fitness sensors or outdoors with GPS. http://www.digifit.com/

• Data will sync between Digifit and Fitbit
  • Not compatible with the Aria scale
What syncs?
Fitbit > Calories > Digifit
Fitbit > Sleep > Digifit
Digifit > Activities (workouts) > Fitbit

However does not contain Heart rate information so at the moment there isn't an app that allow exactly what you are looking for. I can recommend to visit our Feature Request board to share your idea. There are similar suggestion that is quite popular and might be of your interest : Allowing Sync with Polar H7. Here you can add your vote and add your comments to make more popular this idea.

Hope this provide some of information and see you around.
Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer