Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie difference between MapMyRun and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wondering why my fit bit says when I ran last night I only burned 300 and some odd calories but map my run calculated calories burned at 600 some odd...that's a big difference!!!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Amy-11, welcome to the Fitbit Community. How intense was your exercise that night?

Calories are based on the intensity you invest on your exercise either increasing the rate you burn calories or decreasing your numbers. Most of the times is when you practice regularly the activity, you get used to it and need less effort in order to accomplish it. So how frequent are you doing this exercise?

Another question it came to my mind is have you connected MapMyRun with your Fitbit account? If you are just logging the exercise on MapMyRun, information would be different, due to the calorie calculation that implement MapMyRun.

If you have connected both accounts, the information of calories will be transferred from your Fitbit account to MapMyRun.

See you around and let me know how it goes!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I was hoping your answer would also resolve my discrepancy.  I recorded a ride today on MapMyRide and Fitbit also captured the exercise.  Problem is that MapMyRide says I burned 899 calories while Fitbit says 497.  Something is amiss--does Fitbit know how much my bike weighs?  Does it know how fast I'm riding? Sure, it knows my heart rate but how does that translate between individuals when a very fit person would have a much lower bps than a couch potato on the same ride?  

Why is there such drastic difference between Fitbit and MapMyRide on the same workout? 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat- I used my Versa for a spinning class and it calculated 400 calories burned, however MMR calculated 600+ calories when I logged my time and distance which uses an average rpm. Why the huge difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both sites use math.

Fitbit looks at your heart rate.

With MMR logging your time and distance they will also need to know a little more info. However do they have a way to determine how fit or how hard your working?

As for the RPM of the pedals, neither Fitbit or MMR know what the feet are doing.

Best Answer