Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Deleted from Myfitnesspal App Not Deleted In Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I had entered food in Myfitnesspal earlier, the later made corrections to the entries. I had synced with Fitbit app after the initial entry, then after I made edits. However, the rest of today, I've noticed instead of only one entry (the corrected/edited totals), there are two entries: the initial, and the corrected version. Thus, making my calories left completely inaccurate.

I've tried delinking my mfp and fitbit accounts (then relinkining them), and restarting both apps as well as my phone. Anybody else experiencing this? I'd appreciate some feedback/help. Thanks in advance!

(I'm on iOS 9.2.1, and most recent versions of mfp and Fitbit apps.)
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @gladass good to see you in our community and I noticed your post has been around with no answer. It attract my attention, since is not specified where it was showing your inaccurate calories, if it was on your Fitbit account or Myfitnesspal? 

Note that by re-associating  your accounts wont work, if the entries are still repeated on your accounts. The way to fix this, is finding the duplicate entry and delete the log to fix the calorie intake. Here is where is important to know where are you seeing this information because I know in MFP cannot be deleted the food entries, although in Fitbit account on your Food section you can remove the entries from MFP by hover the cursor over the entry until it shows and X mark to delete the food.

Saved.png

Hope everything is fine by now and see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well, can you help? I update my meals in MFP and entries I’ve removed stay on FItBit making it appear I’m way over my calories. I have retried to sync many times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dbayo1289, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and my apologies for the late response. In this case note that you need to remove all the related entries from MFP and Fitbit.

The integration between your accounts recognized any food entry you make, but is not able to detect if there has been a change or a food item was removed. In some cases giving you duplicate number regarding your calories.

Hope this helps and see you until the next opportunity. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Normally Fitbit does detect deletion of food from MyFitnessPal. I know this because I delete entries often and they are normally updated on Fitbit no problem. However, occasionally it randomly stops working and revoking access etc fixes the problem. 

However, you responders are right that you have to delete the entries in Fitbit in that: once this glitch occurs the affected entries are permanent. 

Reseting the apps’ access permission will prevent the problem happening again for a while.

Wish there was more awareness from Fitbit and MyFitnessPal and more consistency in the apps in this area. 

Best Answer
0 Votes