Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync my food log with weight watchers?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my food intake with Weight Watchers. Can this be done?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Hey Everyone! 

@JaaSo @Majeen6 @SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your feedback. I found this idea Weight Watchers integration that you can vote for. Because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I wish the fitbit app could capture the daily calorie intake count on the we app but I was told by we that at this time, unless the agreement changes, we is not allowing that because they want you to rely on their points system and it is solely a business decision.
Best Answer
0 Votes

me too - as well as water - thank you

Best Answer

Please will someone figure out who at WeightWatchers needs to talk to who at fitbit to make this integration actually work?

I used WW several years ago very successfully, but have backslid and need to drop 20+ pounds.

Since early this year (at least) the WW online and Android (can't speak to iphone) app have been unstable, lost functionality and data (many of my previous "favorites" and meals are gone).

Fitbit seems to be one of the companies that has their act together with their user interface.

WeightWatchers still (for now) has the historical data on what works for weight loss.

Please make this integration work!

fitbit should --> activity to WW (probably harder, but not that hard)

fitbit should <--> food (at least nutrition information) in both directions. If I enter a meal in WW, it should push this nutrition info to fitbit (the points don't matter). If I enter food in fitbit, it should push the nutrition to WW where they can translate it to points and update my tracker.

Please please please please please! 

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer

Weight Watchers will never agree to the integration, their "points" system is proprietary and they don't like sharing.

Best Answer
They wouldn't have to share any points though. Only the nutritional value that fitbit uses. Calories, fat, protein and fiber should be enough.
WW could benefit from the fitbit data and give fitbit users and easy way to get involved with the WW program. 
My 2 cents

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

@Jim-H wrote:

fitbit should --> activity to WW (probably harder, but not that hard)

fitbit should <--> food (at least nutrition information) in both directions. If I enter a meal in WW, it should push this nutrition info to fitbit (the points don't matter). If I enter food in fitbit, it should push the nutrition to WW where they can translate it to points and update my tracker. 

@Jim-H MyFitnessPal is an example of an integration that basically does what you're saying. If WeightWatchers wanted to do something similar, they would have to implement the functionality because they built the integration.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

it would be nice

Best Answer

Add me to the list of people who want the developers to come up with a way for your tracked food on weight watchers to sync with fitbit.

Best Answer

Add me to the seemingly growing list of people would would like WW and FitBit to sync the 'food' section.  I think the sync between FitBit and WW for the 'activity' section works great.

🙂

Best Answer

Yes, add me to the list of people who would like you see my tracked WW food translated to calories on FITBIT. Having said that, I am guessing WW would balk at that because FITBIT uses calories instead of SP. If we tracked calories, instead of SP, that would make WW inconsequential.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

There is an irritating delay but eventually it will sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to have my weight watchers food log sync with my Fitbit as well. Please ,eat us know if this feature becomes available. I already am syncing my activity. 

Best Answer

I'm not a current Weight Watchers member, but I have a long history with the company, and a long memory.

weight Watchers doesn't do anything that helps the customer unless it also benefits weight watchers' business.  

Weight watchers originally tried tried to market its own activity tracker, and the only tracker that you could sync with your weight watchers account was the one they sold you.  When that didn't work out, they made a deal with Fitbit, and marketed Fitbit to their members.

theyll market Fitbit to their membership, they're not trying to turn Fitbit users into weight watchers.  

So youll never see that integration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my Fitbit synced with my WW, however activity is the only thing that syncs, have they ever figured out a way to also sync food?

Best Answer
WW only allows activity to sync with Fitbit. If you are interested in having all information from your Fitbit in one place, try the app My Fitness Pal. It does not log points, but it will log your calorie intake.

Penny
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @JSJ0812 and @MiMiPLR! Currently, activities are the only ones that will sync to Weight Watchers. You can learn more about this integration here

Thanks for your input @MiMiPLRSmiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This is not really a solution because the answer is no, at least for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I love this Fitbit. I have set it up to my apple health via a third party sync app which then is in sync to my WW app for activity. What I REALLY wish they would do is sync WW to apple health (or Fitbit) for food intake. My WW app has been in use for MUCH longer than either apple or Fitbit, so I’m not about to switch it all over to a new app. My WW app is the most used app on my phone and I bought the Fitbit specifically to help me keep track of my activity points. To get full use of it though, diaitary tracking seems necessary. Shame that Fitbit fell short on something this simple. 

Best Answer
It is not Fitbit, it is Weight Watchers preventing the hook up to Fitbit. WW points calculations are found only in their patent information. Everyone else uses calories, and WW will not convert their points to calories (if they do, there is nothing special about the WW program). I share your frustration, but think your frustration is directed the wrong way.

MiMiPLR
Best Answer
0 Votes