Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export TCX with interval activity from Strava to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's a known problem but never been solved so this is basically just a reminder.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @Elton_035. Welcome to Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing this with the Community. Fitbit devices share information with a third party app but not the way around, only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device is synced to the Strava app.

It's up to the owner of the third-party app to implement or update features for their app, this needs to be addressed with the third party customer service and if you wish you can also add a Feature Suggestion so our team can consider it for future developments.

Also you can make this suggestion to Strava and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The answer by @LucioFitbit is incorrect. The issue is on the Fitbit API that doesn't allow import of activities.

I would suggest to the moderators to be more careful in their replies and not posting the typical copy/paste answers for convenience.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dopovo I think the problem is more that the subject has been "edited for clarity". I am 100% sure that this post is about the issue of exporting a TCX file from Interval Workout which hasn't been working for many years. Basically, it's said only GPS activities export to Strava yet Interval Workout doesn't despite enabling GPS. So some users tried to export TCX manually and push it to Strava but then they saw this (I just tried to make it sure):

They've been looking at this issue for a very long time, probably just looking, not fixing.They've been looking at this issue for a very long time, probably just looking, not fixing.

Some time ago, the app (at least for Android) has been updated and now there is an option to export TCX file but when trying doing it from the app first we see this:

err-1.jpg

and then this:

App crashesApp crashes

So the words "It's a known problem but never been solved" refer to this particular issue but apparently, the subject has been edited "for clarity". Now it's worse than before because before it was only a bug on the Dashboard. Now it's a bug on the Dashboard + Fitbit app crash.

Best Answer

Bumping. I'm getting same issue. Muy frust.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what the issue is, the edited title makes it look like, that it may be a Strava issue. From the title it sounds like the user wants to manually save a TCX file from Strava, 

Nit seeing an agreement to what the issue is, and @Elton_035 not gotting back, @ATXag I'm not sure what same problem we are asking about 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue title was edited by moderator. Now it makes no sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes