Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup integration with 'Running for Weight-loss'

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I about to start using 'Running for weight-loss' but when I go to integrate it with Fitbit (via their app) it won't connect and link the two.  Is this a known issue or something new?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @stevenccox, I noticed you are new, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community. Running For Weight-Loss doesn't figure among our officially supported third party integrations.

Nonetheless there are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours, however in these scenarios, the information we have regarding its functionality, is very limited.  The best way to tell if an app is compatible with Fitbit is to go to the third party site (or app) and poke around their settings to see if you can connect Fitbit. You can also browse their site for information or contact the app owner and ask if they integrate with Fitbit.

For more help, review our article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

See you later and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I use the running for weight loss app which is compatible with Fitbit and the app and my Fitbit (Versa) won’t connect, I received a “failed to connect to Fitbit” error on the (running) app. I have checked all settings on my phone both the Fitbit and running for weight loss app and seem fine I have WiFi connected and Bluetooth is on. Is this an issue with my Fitbit or the running app? I have reached out to their support as well. Any guidance is appreciated. 

Best Answer

I have the versa as well and I keep getting the “failed to connect” no matter what. If you’ve found a solution to this problem please let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

So I contacted the "Running for weight loss" app support group and they stated that it's a known issue and are working on it on the next update. 

Best Answer

Thanks for contacting them Strevi86. Did they happen to share when the next update would be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, they did not. I just tried connecting it recently and it's still down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this issue for a while, I have a Charge 2

its frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and special shout out to you @Strevi86. I appreciate you have contacted Running for Weight-loss customer support and you have take the time to share this information with us.

Regardless, Running for Weight-loss was not able to provide a timeframe, I'm sure a fix will be released as soon they found the source of this issue. Sometimes these issues may take longer depending of the scenario.

Let me know if you have concerns from the Fitit side. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the new Charge 3 and the 'running for weight loss' app does not connect to Fitbit after multiple attempts. The error message is "Failed to connect to Fitbit"  - Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone ever find a solution to this? My Versa still won’t connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This app is on the fitbit compatible list. However, it's not on the "All apps" list, so there's no way to download it to my Versa  watch. I paid 29 bucks for their Premium plan, and now they won't refund. Total scam.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know this issue goes back pretty far but i havent seen any updates so i wanted to update everyone and it is now working! i have successfully connected my fitbit versa to the running for weight loss app! i couldnt find in their updates where they clearly stated that they fixed the issue but, nonetheless its fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask how you managed this? I’m trying to connect it to my charge 3 and it’s not working at all. Keeps showing the same error

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what EXACTLY I did to fix this issue but I did redownload the app, sign in and sign up again. make sure your Bluetooth is working and that you also have the newest version of the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on when Running for weight loss will be compatible? Annoying it’s still not syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Somehow it synced for me over the weekend w my Fitbit. Went to update my morning workout and now getting sync error 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes