Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Google Fit app be linked to Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to connect my Fitbit Flex to the Google Fit app that just came out yesterday?  I just downloaded Google Fit yesterday just so I can try it out and it said that it would connect with 3rd party apps but cannot find a way to connect the Fitbit to it.

Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity / Personal data removed.

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

I would like this implemented too.

Best Answer

Really need this too

Best Answer

I would also like to see this 'feature', in fact, I expect it.  A lack of commitment to 'open' logging via Android's Google Fit and Apple's HealthKit will have me seriously considering competitors that will be or that are currently supporting these ecosystems at the time of your new products release.

Best Answer

I would also like to see Fitbit integration with Google Fit.  Google Fit is pretty much useless to me without it.

But not holding my breath.

Best Answer

Would love to see intergration with Google Fit!

Best Answer
I too would like Google fit integration.
Best Answer
Will fitbit zip sync with Google Fit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is currently loaded down with a half dozen exercise tracking apps in the hope that I can get all my data in one place. 

Having FitBit sync with Google Fit would remove a couple of apps from that stack and make life more pleasant.

It's not like the free FitBit app does anything more than data display anyway.

Best Answer

i'm very excited about the possibility of Google Fit integration. a lot of my friends and colleagues have samsung smartwatches or other fitness bands. this would be a great way to connected with them while still being a part of the Fitbit community i love. 

it also opens the doors for more third party development. the data generated by Fitbit's great hardware can be analyzed in other fun or unusual ways by third party developers.

Best Answer

I'd love to see this integration.

Best Answer

So i dont think its going to happen. It would hurt sales of their Fitbit hardware if anyone could just use their smartphones to track steps and sync them to fitbit. almost any current phone can use the device to track steps, fitbit only allows the HTC One m8 and a couple iphones to sync steps to fitbit without a fitbit tracker.

that doesnt mean someone cant create a 3rd party app that can sync the 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to se data from FitBit into Google Fit. Not the other way around.

Like Runtastic does.

If anything, this will boost the sales of FitBit.

Fitbit One, Nexus 5
Best Answer

Please allow us to record our fitbit steps into google fit. I have a smartwatch, but its step counter is far inferior, and I still wear my fitbit, which I trust. 

Pretty please!

Thanks,

Jim

Best Answer

I am waiting for IFTTT to add a Google Fit channel so that Fitbit activities can be sync'd.

Best Answer

I'm currently using a Jawbone Up, and as it is unreliable, I am thinking of moving to a Fitbit device. Does anyone know whether any of the devices are compatible with Google Fit, yet? If not, I'll need to try to find an alternative activity tracker/ sleep monitor, which can be used with Google Fit, but I'm not sure which ones are.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Chris.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just like to add my voice and say that Google Fit integration would be great and mean that our data was available in lots of different ways. Hope to see it soon.
Best Answer

My only response is that there is a Google+ login into Fitbit, so there is at least a better chance than Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I add  my voice for the google fit integration. 

I think that this would br a good thing. I have a fitbit charge, I am only waiting for the surge to be (re)avaliable for an upgrade.

I would like endomondo, fitbit and google fit to work togetter as endomondo and fitbit already does. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would also like to have sync to google fit. In the best of worlds 2 way sync.

A good compromise would be that the fitbit application would be requiered to collect data from fitbit devices. But the user could connect background sync from web interface with google fit.

Best Answer

Google Fit sync is a vital feature, so I vote for it too.

Best Answer