Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlink myfitnesspal despite following advised steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble linking my fitbit to my new myfitnesspal account. I have followed the steps and have revoked access to my old account - settings, applications revoke access which shows as successful. However when I try and link the new one via MFP website - I get a message saying that another MFP account has already been linked to this fitbit. Please advise. Thank you 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @yuliya2912.

Thanks for going through all of those steps to get disconnect the two apps before posting. Let me help you.

I'd recommend that you try log out of your Fitbit account and then log back in. After doing that try to remove the connection between the two once again. It could be that something is not being saved correctly into the servers and it appears to have been removed.

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes, or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have revoked access several times, logging out each time. My Fitness Pal tells me the device is already connected to a MFP account. I log back in to fitbit, and sure enough, it says i'm already connected.

This happened previously as well, it's clearly a Fitbit issue and needs to be resolved. I'm seriously considering a different tracker.

Can the access be revoked by Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sammyjane170673.

thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

The connection can be revoked from your Fitbit account in the way that was described. If the MFP is not showing anymore, then it shouldn't be connected anymore. I'd recommend that you try to get in touch with MFP directly. They should be able to help you better understand what could be happening.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

As I said in my post, when I log back in, MFP is still visible in my FitBit account. It's a FitBit issue, not a MFP.

Can you look in to this properly please. Clearly there is more than one person experiencing the same issue.

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sammyjane170673.

As I mentioned, these integrations are created and managed by the third parties so it is possible that the information is not being updated on the other end when you try to disconnect them from your Fitbit account.

Another possibility could be that you are logged in on several devices. If that is the case, that could have the same effect. If you are logged in on other locations please try to log out of all of them and then disconnect MFP once again.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not logged on in a different device.  I have followed all of your suggestions and am still having the same issue.  Surely FitBit needs to have a bit of accountability here?
Who is the third party who has access  / control over something I'm doing on my Fitbit account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sammyjane170673.

What could be happening is that the connection is not being terminated on MFP's side and so when you log back in it retries to connect and is successful. Perhaps it is related to cache being saved. 

Basically, you disconnect the apps from your Fitbit account and the disconnection in our end is successful as there is no immediate error message saying that it was not. Then MFP still thinks there is a connection and thus tried to connect again and does so. 

Could you share some screenshots of the whole process and post them here so that I could see exactly what happens?

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes