Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrot Rewards

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot add Carrot Rewards as an app as I login through Facebook.

Would like to start collect Scene points.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lil_bit_mia,

To collect SCENE points with your Fitbit through Carrot Rewards, first download Carrot. After you do so, set up your account and then enable their step tracking feature to start earning for walking. To pair your Fitbit, click Manage Devices and choose Fitbit.

You can find out more on Carrot's FAQ page if you're still having trouble.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I'm not sure how this relates to Fitbit, @lil_bit_mia. Can you please give us more information, such as: Fitbit device model, phone or computer you are syncing to, and exactly what Carrot Rewards are?  We're happy to help, if we can. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lil_bit_mia - I admit, you made me curious so I googled Carrot Rewards. First thing I noticed is that this app is for Canadians only. I was not able to tell from your profile if you are Canadian or not so I'm just putting is out there. 

Second thing, their Web site does not mention compatability with Fitbit and I did not come up with anything searching for Carrot Rewards in the Fitbit Help pages. This leads me to believe that the two apps will not work together. Maybe someone else will add to this discussion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lil_bit_mia,

To collect SCENE points with your Fitbit through Carrot Rewards, first download Carrot. After you do so, set up your account and then enable their step tracking feature to start earning for walking. To pair your Fitbit, click Manage Devices and choose Fitbit.

You can find out more on Carrot's FAQ page if you're still having trouble.

Best Answer
I too am having the exact same problem. My e-mail & password are not accepted. And yes... they are correct. Just unable to pair the two up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Never mind. The app says wrong name &/or password, but that is in error. The two are now paired up. Anyone else? Just ignore the warning!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the manage devices section?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely.compatible with fit bit

Easy set up and sync.  Just follow steps when you open the carrot app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I don’t use FitBit anymore...mine died and I got an urban leaf by Bellabeat...

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not so "easy"... Any tips for those of us that are having issues then. I only have a deny option...the allow button is shaded and doesn't work...

@Kkel23wrote:

Definitely.compatible with fit bit

Easy set up and sync.  Just follow steps when you open the carrot app.

Best Answer

This is my exact issue! have you figured out how to pair it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, carrot tech support got back to me and said it is a known issue on the
Fitbit side. They said that they have notified Fitbit of the issue, and
until Fitbit does something to remedy the problem, there will be no
resolution. Essentially carrot said they are aware of the issue, but it's
not their "system problem." I was told to use my phones step counter for
now (which is annoying because I don't always have my phone on me, and is
partially why i even bought a fitbit to begin with.)
Best Answer
Thank you so much! Very annoying but hopefully it'll be resolved soon!

- Sarah Robbins
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a message from Carrot saying it was a fitbit issue...but no luck getting any Info from fitbit as to when it will be fixed!

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Allow button is disabled and from reading, it appears that neither Carrot or FitBit wishes to fix.

Carrot, it is your app that is disabling the button.

So basically we cannot switch to a FitBit device? Then why say it works with FitBit when it doesnt?

So my only option is using my phone and Google Fit (which is junk).

Best Answer

Here is what I got from Carrot....so why isn't fitbit getting back to us...

Hi

Thank you for contacting Carrot Support.

We are aware of this issue that is affecting our Android Fitbit users. We are working with Fitbit and hope to have this solved shortly. In the meantime, you can track your steps from your phone using Google Fit and switch it back to Fitbit once this is resolved.

Unfortunately, Fitbit has not provided a timeframe to resolve the issue. Since all your step data tracked through Fitbit is stored on their servers, we are limited in our ability to access it and have to wait for them to fix the problem on their end. In the meantime, you can use Google Fit to track your steps. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and welcome aboard for the new members of the Fitbit Community.

There are a few things important to mention, as @SunsetRunner said earlier. Carrot Rewards is not officially supported by Fitbit. This doesn't mean it won't work, but the information we have about the functionality of the app in relation to Fitbit is very limited. Nonetheless, there are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours. The best way to tell if an app is compatible with Fitbit is to go to the third party site (or app) and poke around their settings to see if you can connect Fitbit. To learn more about our officially supported third party apps, visit: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

Regarding the issue you have mentioned that is not possible to sync, there are other users who brought to our attention this as well. We are working our best to have more details or find a viable solution. For more details, please refer to our main topic for this issue and to know our latest updates: Fitbit is not syncing steps to Carrot Rewards App. If you're still experiencing this issue, this is the place to share your concerns.

See you all later and stay tuned for more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has nothing to do with not syncing steps to the app...fitbit wont even allow pairing of the device.  The original thread is not relevant to the issue we are having.  

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
its fixed for me this past week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Simmonds2004 and @chantelle.lafla, my apologies for the late response. 

Thank you for letting us know is working for you @chantelle.lafla.

@Simmonds2004 you mentioned that Fitbit won't allow  to pair the device.Are you referring in specific of the Fitbit app or are you referring that is not possible to connect Carrot rewards? Since it has been a few days, I'm wondering if the issue still persists in your case? 

Let me know how it goes. See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes